9: Karma is a God

But then Torri seemingly appeared out of thin air, breaking the tension between this mystery boy and me. I almost jumped on my seat, when I was sitting down. Was that physically possible?

  "I'm back, Eenie! Is it okay if I call you Eenie?"

  "Sure! But only my closest friend calls me that, so you may use it, but you are yet unworthy of the nickname. Anyway, can I call you Froggy?"

  "Go ahead, but, uh, then you are admitting that I can jump higher than a castle."

  "It wasn't even that good of a joke," I said in a jokingly exasperated tone, "let it go!"

  I glanced again at the blonde stranger and he was very close to us now. He seems to be somewhat observing us from afar, with his hands in his pockets. But if we whispered, he could probably somewhat make it out. Torri noticed and greeted him with a huge smile "Hey Flynn! Why are you walking so slow? Hurry up and sit down before you end up at the back of the class like last time!".

  She then looked towards me and stated "Flynn is my boyfriend. He is the son of Rapunzel and Eugene Fitzherbert. He isn't on good terms with Alex though. They used to be best friends, that's actually how we met but something happened when they were like 7 or something. Maybe it was something to do with Flynn murdering a book and not saying sorry? Anyway, lots of other things happened over the years, things on top of things, to the point right now where they don't talk anymore."

  "Thank you for telling me this very fascinating information and if I didn't know better, which I probably don't, because we met a few hours ago, but do you like to gossip? Like a lot?"

  "You know human society was basically built on gossiping and backstabbing, I'll explain later. Hey Flynn!" She looked over to Flynn and she smiled really big. It was heartwarming to see young love. Not that I'm old, but I feel like that I have instantly connected with this girl and seeing her happy is very good. It was funny to think that I was jealous of her a few hours ago.

  "Hey. How're you?" his voice was higher than I expected. "Who's this?" He asked, tilting his head toward me.

  My admiration for his beauty instantly disappeared and I felt annoyed. "Look at me when you are addressing me, will you? Scared to look me in the eye?" I snapped at him.

  And then he had the audacity to lean in really, really close, not even an inch from my nose and say "Who are you?" with his hot breath fanning over my face. I closed my eyes, leaned in even closer and reopened my eyes. I pronounced "Queenie Heart. Daughter of the Queen of Hearts; famous psychopath for beheading people. I would watch my attitude if I were you."

  Then he pulled back, if you can say that in this situation and gave a chuckle. Torri, who was watching this scene unfold, nervously started laughing along with him and I just sarcastically smiled. The teacher really was scary, and the class was quiet the moment she walked in the classroom. She started teaching, something about a curved line on something that looked like a chessboard with no colour. In short, it was the definition of dull. Honestly, if you can't teach, at least try to be nice.

  It was physical education now. Torri wasn't here because she was in some other class. There was one option for boys in my year. Play tourney. There was one option for girls in my year. Cheerlead. Or sit on the bleachers and be idle. I chose the last option, obviously. This is all very gender-biassed if you ask me. The fact that perfect, happy Auradon had more gender discrimination than my wildest dreams, was astounding.

  I actually worked on another song while I waited for Alex to come over. I saw him running toward me and I ran up to him and gave him a hug.

  "Where have you been, Eenie? Maybe you are so tiny that I couldn't see you?" He said with a wink. He actually had the pluck to say that.

  "Karma will hit back on you. It is a god. Hang on... 'Karma is a god'? That's not bad... I have my song for the day!"

  "Sure... you have fun with that. I will now go and play tourney. Watch me!" He ran backwards, waving at me, then fixed himself and ran all the way back. I actually saw Flynn running toward the field, sort of late. I scoffed quietly and rolled my eyes. Lexie was on team yellow and Flynn was on team blue. I saw Jay on team blue and I prayed that Jay would decide to bump into Alex, not hard but hurtfully enough to teach him that karma is real. And hopefully accidentally hit Flynn with all the strength that he has.

  Long story short, I watched Jay smash his body onto everything that he saw and Alex and Ben getting knocked to the floor, groaning in pain. It was almost... funny to see. I also saw Audrey getting majorly annoyed. I don't know why but... bonus!

  I almost yelled 'KARMA' at the top of my lungs but I decided to only embarrass him further in private. He is very lucky that I am feeling gracious today. When the coach called for the next game, I sat down, got out a notebook and pencil. My vibes were flowing right now and I finished a song, all by myself. It had to do with karma. I had a feeling that I will be singing this a lot in the next few days. That's what you get when you directly insult Queenie Hearts' height!