13: What is Wrong with Flynn?

The next day, I had chemistry with Lexie again. I really tried to not fall asleep because I really loved the detention with Alex, but I really didn't want to get another blot on my book. I think that they can send me back to the Isle with enough blots. Besides, they would be sending me to my mother and away from Alex and Torri now. I feel extremely special that she had confided in me a secret which she had not told anyone else. Oh! That reminded me; I needed a way to speak to the King of Hearts and get him to talk to mother somehow. I think that there was a family visiting day, and his reputation, if not anything else, would be tarnished if he didn't come to meet his only daughter and heir to the throne.

  I think it passed by fairly quickly, I had no idea how I was going to take the exams, probably nag Lexie or Torri until one of them teaches me or something. I think that Mr. Deley noticed me staring off into space, but even if he did, he didn't call me out. The period passed successfully. I gave Alex a hug and kissed him on the jaw today; truthfully, he is way too tall, or I am short, but I will not admit that. Everyone here, and everywhere else, is simply tall. When I was going to leave, he took my hand and spun me around. He kissed me on the cheek, and I realised what it felt like to be on the receiving end. Then he whispered "Bye-bye butterfly,"

  So I whispered right back, "Take care, teddy-bear." and we left to go to our respective classes. I really wanted to be with him more, so classes suck. Especially home economics. Which is with Flynn too, so it extra-sucks. There is nobody that I know in that class, so it mega-sucks.

  I remembered the cookie that Lexie had given me yesterday, safely preserved in my bag. I gingerly sat down, took out my cookie and mouth salivating, tried to bite into the cookie, but it was snatched out of my hands. Flynn, the actual dirty, rotten piece of pumpkin, took it out of my hands and looked at me as he ate it. He looked into my eyes and at the beginning it was a mischievous blue with a twinkle, but it subtly and continually morphed into one of amazement and love. He took another bite, and I took it out of his hands and stuffed it into my bag again.

  "The cookie was that good, huh?"

  "Actually, you're better. You're the most gorgeous person that I have ever met or seen, do you know that?"

  "Umm... Thank you?" I responded hesitantly. He then had the audacity to say "My hand is heavy, can you hold it for me?"

  "I'm sorry, but I can't," and I fake pouted "except that I am not sorry and I never will."

  "You know, I'll win you over someday. We are going to be together forever." Then he started laughing like crazy. Our teacher looked at him like she was concerned, and to be frank, I was too. What is wrong with him? Why is he even flirting with me? Is he flirting with me? I definitely will not betray Torri like this. I have learned so much from Torri in the past few days about girl things and basic knowledge.

  I was quite uncomfortable for the rest of the class, as Flynn was staring at me for the rest of it. He was sitting next to me, leaning towards me as far as he could go without falling off his chair, or actually touching me. As soon as the teacher dismissed the class, I bolted out of it and to Torri.

  When I found her, she was wrapping things up in the library. I grabbed her arm, dragged her out and said "I think that Flynn was flirting with me."

  Torri, looking quite sad, asked "What exactly did he do? I'm actually fine with it and I feel no remorse whatsoever, just scratches my pride, I guess, so you don't have to hide anything.", so I told her the whole story. "Well, I think that he has feelings for you now, but that is unlike Flynn. He does do the pickup lines, I say this as someone who has been friends with him since I was extremely young; then he pretends not to care. He doesn't give you his undivided attention, if you say no, he tries again in a few days, and then again and again, until you have said yes."

  "Firstly, thank you for telling me and being fine with this. Hopefully, I'm not being rude, but having a lesbian friend is so much better than having a normal friend, in this situation. Second, what does this mean?"

  "I actually have no idea."

  I did the rest of the morning classes, and had lunch with Lexie. He didn't actually eat anything because there was a tourney game with them and the Sherwood falcons, their biggest rival. That was a very smart move on his part, because you could throw up from the exertion. However, that also wasn't a good idea because you would have no energy. While I was casually picking on a muffin, trying to convince Alex to eat, he asked me to talk about something else. So I said "I think that Flynn likes me?".

  He immediately perked up and asked me "Do you like him back?"

  "Of course no! Besides, he used to date Torri. I cannot date someone who just broke up with one of my best friends."

  He looked so much more relieved and responded "Great choice Eenie. Flynn, he's bad news."

  "You're just saying that because he destroyed a book. Not that I support that, but you hate him and he hates you."

  "True," and he checked the time, "Oh shoot, I have to go, now!"

  "Good luck!" and I blew him a kiss. I changed into something yellow, and got out. I had no idea what would happen on the tourney field, and if I had, I would just have not gone to the game.