20: Chaos in the Coronation

A few days passed and it was time for Alex and Ben's coronation. Alex had asked me if I wanted to come with him to the coronation, 'just as friends'. I, of course, accepted. I was wearing a pink and rose-gold, sequined dress, feeling like a real princess for the first time in my life. We were riding in the carriage behind Mal and Ben. I faintly heard them talk about Mal being beautiful, and Ben's ring.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm actually feeling quite good. I'm going to be a King soon."

"I actually can't tell if that was sarcasm."

"I am nervous, of course, but I have you here with me." He flashed a smile at me. At this point, I was so confused. I knew that he liked me, as in friends. But did he like me more than that? What is he thinking? I should not have learned so much about boys from Torri; they just confuse me.

Speaking of confusing boys, why was Flynn acting so weird? I understand that he might be jealous, and I was extremely grateful toward him, but why did he end up liking me in the first place? Then, I overheard Mal and Ben talking in the first carriage about spells. Mal handed Ben a cupcake-looking thing.

Then it hit me. Flynn liked me since he ate the cookie. He has been acting weird -or in love with me- since then. He ate my cookie. I would have been in love with Flynn if I had eaten the cookie. That was unimaginable. Alex even said that he saw Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos leaving the kitchen.

"Lexie, I think that I figured why Flynn suddenly showed interest in me." I said numbly with a blank face.

"What?"

"Remember the cookie that I had? Flynn ended up eating that. Mal and Ben are talking about a love potion in the carriage in front of us. I think that the cookie consisted of a love potion."

"You are a genius, Queenie."

"Thank you," I gave him a smile.

He looked nervous, so I held his hands, and ended up intertwining them together. He smiled at the fingers and looked up to make eye contact. I blushed and looked away. He cupped my cheek and turned my head to look at him. We stayed in the position for the remainder of the ride.

Alex got off, and held out his hand for me, like a gentleman. I ignored it, gave him a toothy smile, and jumped off, in a somewhat dignified fashion. He rolled his eyes playfully and we held hands, and walked up to his parents.

Mal and I curtsied, and she said "About the other day, I just..."

"I told my children that this wasn't going to be easy. They continued with the plan anyway."

"You also taught us that a king has to believe in himself. Even when it isn't easy." Ben mentioned. I could almost see Alex sweating.

"I did? I... how very wise of me." Queen Belle hit him and said "Alex, Ben, we are very proud of you. You two keep listening to your heart and you will make wonderful Kings."

"Thanks, mum."

"Yes, thank you mum." Alex said, and let go of my hand, after one final squeeze. King Beast and Queen Belle left after that, with proud grins on their faces. I reached up and pecked Alex's cheeks. "You truly will make a wonderful king. I'm so proud of you." And I gave him his hug, before a big event. This is the biggest event of his life so far, so I gave him his tightest hug yet.

He looked at me with sparkling eyes and I waved a small goodbye, finally being escorted to the coronation. I stood near my father, who was also attending the coronation.

Alex and Ben walked in together. I was, again, stunned by Alex's beauty. He really is the best-looking guy I had ever seen in my entire life. "Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother asked.

"I do solemnly swear." They said together.

"Then it is my honour and my joy to bless our new king." Fairy Godmother put the crowns on Alex and Ben's heads and took the wand out.

I saw Mal eyeing the wand, but suddenly, sweet, innocent Jane reached up and snatched the wand out of her mother's hands, yelling about being pretty. I know that it really isn't the time, but the pressure that people put on girls and boys to be pretty are so different, it's outrageous. Back to the present, Mal wretched the wand out of her grip and Evie, Jay and Carlos ran up to her. I had no idea that they had such plans, it was somewhat a betrayal, I guess.

All the attention was on the 4 kids and Ben. I saw people around me eyeing me and scooting away from me. I was saddened by this because I had done nothing. I saw my father scoot closer to me though, putting an arm around my waist.

Mal then recited a speech about being good. Evie, Jay and Carlos also chose to be good. They completely ignored me, I was technically one of them too. I've got to admit, that one hurt a bit. They were laughing and happy together. Father tightened his grip on me and gave me a comforting smile. Suddenly, Maleficent swooped down and Fairy Godmother tried to stop her, Maleficent froze us all.

The next thing I remember is unfreezing. I ran over to Alex and held on tight to him. To his torso and he held me too. I made eye contact with father and he was looking at me, relief gracing his features. Things sorted out extremely well. Maleficent was tiny again, everyone had a good grade in goodness class, Mal and Audrey somewhat made up, Jane realised that she was beautiful too and it was a perfect fairytale ending. I held Alex and father's hands and went out to a party, commencing outside.

We were all dancing, singing, enjoying ourselves, when Alex suddenly whispered in my ear "Can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead."

"Actually, never mind."

"What was it, tell me?"

"I'll tell you some other time. For now, let's just enjoy ourselves."

And enjoy ourselves, we did.

IT IS NOW THE END OF PART ONE!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually really sad right now. But not to fear, there is still the bonus chapter on the King of Hearts and the Queen of Hearts's conversation. So I'll be adding that tomorrow and editing this entire book, hopefully, if I have time.

There are now over a 100 votes... THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS VOTED ON THIS BOOK, I NEVER EXPECTED SO MUCH VOTES, SO FAST!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!! 

Last Author's thanks and notes in part one before they are all deleted and added on a separate chapter... time really flies, doesn't it?

Have a great morning/afternoon/evening/night/dawn everyone and thank you for reading!!!!!!!