19: I Found Wonderland!

<Alex POV>

  I couldn't get it out of my head that Queenie was out there, in the middle of the night. I snuck into her dorm room, just in case she came back, and she wasn't there. I then panicked, ran into the forest and combed the place, yelling "Queenie!" until my throat was sore. I finally found her in a foetal position, and I carried her to her room. Her face and hair was shining in the moonlight, giving her a heavenly glow and making her look ethereal.

  I left her on her bed, tucking her in the sheets. I gave her a kiss on the forehead, very gently so that she wouldn't wake up. Audrey had absolutely no idea. Definitely the daughter of Sleeping Beauty. I went back into my dorm room and slept a bit more peacefully, knowing that she was safe. The amount of love I had in my heart was overwhelming. I want to be her friend forever. I also want to be more than her friend. I always want to hold her hand. I want to always kiss her. I want to hug her, do all these things without feeling guilty and have my feelings reciprocated.

<Queenie POV>

  I woke up warm and comfortable in my bed, in the same foetal position I used to be in in the forest. I wondered how I got here. I immediately felt bad about my father, and just running out of there when we had just met. The embarrassment though, not to mention the degradation of my emotions. That really hurt. Back to the matter at hand, since it was somewhat a family emergency, I asked Fairy Godmother if I could contact my father immediately, as we had some family business to sort out. She agreed, sadness in her eyes. "I'm sorry." She said, looking like she had pulled a Cruella De Vil and skinned my puppy.

  "For what? You don't have anything to be sorry about."

  "You will know in time, dear child."

  "Well, thank you, I guess?" And I left the room, going on a trip to Wonderland. Alex stopped me on the way. "Where are you going?"

  "I'm going to Wonderland."

  "You know that the only way to get in is to find the white rabbit, right?"

  "I am the princess of the place. I think that it doesn't matter too much."

  "I like your confident attitude. Remember, people can only hurt you if you believe it yourself. If you love yourself, and don't believe what others day, you will never be hurt."

  "Thank you for saying that, Lexie."

  "You're welcome. Now get going! You are going to need all the time that you can get."

  "Time works differently in Wonderland."

  "Sure. Have a good trip!"

  "Have a good day!"

  So I took the limousine and left for Wonderland. We arrived at the opening. I didn't think that there was a hole when I arrived, but as I approached, the hole became bigger and bigger, until it was an elegantly decorated trapdoor. It was furnished with ruby hearts and gold. I was reminded of the ring that Flynn has given me, in my room. I had actually forgotten about it. I remembered that I forgot to say goodbye to Torri and Flynn. I consider Flynn one of my friends now. I think that it was the punch that settled it.

  The trapdoor opened, and a glowing gold, swirling substance engulfed me. It wrapped around me like a tornado and I closed my eyes, bracing for something. Nothing really happened except that I felt quite queasy in the stomach after the gold-water unwrapped me. I realised that there was a complete change of scenery, and I was standing in a room for a baby. It was the size of approximately 3 of the dorm rooms.

  There were red walls. Not bright red- dusty red that was quite calming to look at. And black hearts on the walls, like polka-dots. There was a huge crib in the middle of the room, dolls and various other toys in a box in the far end of the room. The box was overflowing. The only thing that wasn't baby-related was a vanity, with sparkling jewellery. But what shocked me the most was a cosy blanket, sewn on my name. I was staring at the blanket and room in shock.

  The card guards, who noticed the commotion, came in and took one look at me and knelt to the ground. "Are you bowing to me?"

  "Yes, your highness."

  "You don't have to do that."

  "Not off with our heads?"

  "No, it's completely fine, at ease." And they stood up, also relaxing their postures "could one of you please direct me to the King?"

  They pointed in a direction, and I followed it. I ended up in the throne room, with my father. "Hello, father. I'm so sorry that I ran off yesterday."

  "It's completely fine. The kid was being a jerk."

  "Thank you for forgiving me," he gave me a slight smile, "and have you thought about talking with my mother?"

  "I will kiddo. For your sake."

  "Thank you."

  "Have you seen your room?"

  "I believe that I was transported to that room. See, a trapdoor appeared out of a hole, and the hole appeared as I approached."

  "You have found the entrance to Wonderland, more specifically, your bedroom."

  "That's nice!"

  "It means that you are a true princess of Wonderland. Congratulations, you have unknowingly passed your first test, actually."

  "My first test?"

  "Yeah, you have to pass a few tests to become the ruler of Wonderland, you have to train for them, but you have already passed your first one, which was to let Wonderland let you in, not look for the White Rabbit. Good job!"

  "Thank you."

  "You know what, you can keep a piece of jewellery from your room; they are technically yours and there should be a whole lot. The next time that you come over, I'll have the place renovated into something more fitted for a teenager."

  "I'm so glad that I came here."

  "I'm glad that you feel that way."