30: We're Off to Find the Titan, the Wonderful Titan of Memory!

A week later, our friend group consisted of an evil betrayer who is not part of our group anymore, a heartbroken teenager who is slowly feeling better, one angry sports-playing boy and an exhausted girl who has looked through every single book about magic in a mini library.

  "Okay, it has been confirmed. I am not looking through any more books -because there aren't any more- and there is only one way. To go to Mnemosyne and ask her to restore your memories with the river Lethe."

  "Thank you for doing this Torri. I really appreciate doing this on my behalf and I probably wouldn't have finished these stacks for another year or two."

  "No problem! It was hard, so I deserve a hug." And I hugged her.

  "If this is the only option, then I guess we have to actually go to Olympus, convince a goddess and literally go to hell." Alex said in a defeated tone.

  "What am I waiting for? I'll pack my bags and leave immediately. It'll be okay if I ask Fairy Godmother, and if it counts as skipping school, I couldn't care less." I exclaimed with an air of sarcasm to match his tone.

  "What do you mean, 'I'? I'm coming too!" Alex declared. I didn't think that he would have time for this, as he is the king, but that was nice.

  "Watch your tone mister. And Queenie, did you think that we weren't coming?"

  "Honestly, yes..."

  "We're coming and there is nothing that you can do about it." Alex told me in a playful tone. They were both really sweet. They didn't have to come, but having friends that will stick with you is absolutely amazing!

  "Thank you. I think that I can get clearance with Fairy Godmother if I tell her the situation. So what are we going to de? The least we can do is pack properly and go with at least a half-formed plan." I noted.

  "Well, the gods are very generous, and since you're the king, they would treat you okay. But to be safe, we would need water, food, clothes and toiletries, a camp and camping tools, just in case, a map, an offering and so on." Torri listed.

  "What can I offer a Titan of Memory to spend her precious time and restore my memory? What do I have that she might want?"

  "You could give her food; people in ancient greece used to do that to their gods." Alex added.

  "Okay, so more food for the goddess. Do you think that we could use the limousine? It has one of thos tiny fridges, right?" I asked.

  "Well... I have a limousine, so we could just use that." Alex said sheepishly.

  "Wow, I forgot that you were rich for a moment." Torri looked slightly flabbergasted.

  "And that is why I love you two. Let's go!"Alex remarked and Torri packed our bags, Alex got his limousine and extra food cooked by Mrs. Potts, and I asked Fairy Godmother permission miss school. She said that it was fine, and encouraged me to get my memory back.

  With all the preparation over, we got on the limousine, and since Alex could drive, he was the one in the front seat, and Torri was reading a book on Greek and Roman gods, seeing if there was anything we should know about Mnemosyne before we met her. I was taking notes on what I would say.

  "Hello, your highness -no it sounds like I am speaking to a queen, she is a titan-. Good afternoon mighty titaness -best one so far... but not good enough-." And it went on like this, almost dead silence, except me mumbling things that I would say.

  It was night and we set up camp. It's not like the kind people wouldn't take us in their homes, but there weren't dangerous animals, and we wanted to spend some time together and not bother anyone, so we chose this way.

  We all technically had separate sleeping bags, but when I woke up in the middle of the night with Torri asleep, I snuck over to Alex and squeezed myself in his sleeping bag.

  "What are you doing here?"

  "I thought you were asleep and I woke up, I felt cold and lonely, so I came here."

  "Go to sleep Eenie." He was whispering in my ear the whole time and the warm breath tickling my ear made me blush. He wrapped his arms around me, my head in the brook of his neck and said "There. You shouldn't be cold anymore, nor lonely."

  "Thank you."

  But 5 minutes later, I softly said "Lexie, are you awake?" so that if he wasn't, he couldn't make out what I was saying.

  "Nah. Do you want to talk?"

  "Sure. Isn't it warm in here? It's nice."

  "Sure is." Our bodies were literally touching and squished together. I breathed in the smell of him, he smelled like, well, Alex. I couldn't describe the scent as anything else, just him and him only.

  "Look at all the stars. They are really pretty."

  "Not as beautiful as you." And he turned his head to me, smiling wide and looking at me with sparkling eyes. Starlight were visible in them. His nose was barely an inch away from mine.

  "Do you want to hear a secret?" I asked him.

  "Sure,"

  "Did you know you have a lovely smile?"

  "Thank you but that's not a secret, everyone knows that! Do you want to hear a secret?" He said playfully.

  "Yeah!"

  "This smile is only here because of you." And I smiled at him right back. I didn't get much sleep, even if it was really warm in there. I was giddy all night.