29: Ice-Cream Again...

"Hey you! What are you doing?" Alex yelled at the top of his lungs. I mildly noted at the back of my mind that it was night and a disturbance, but I didn't care too much. Since the time that I lost my memories and woke up, Flynn was so sweet to me. I felt bad for having feelings for Alex also while dating him, but this was really hurting me. So this is what heartbreak feels like... it hurts. A lot. Like my heart was ripping in two, heavy and beating so fast that I could feel it in my throat. My head hurt and I felt dizzy. I feel like throwing up. I think that I did, a little, in my mouth.

  "Queenie, this is not what it looks like." They were eating each-other's faces off, then what else did I see?

  "Then what is it?" Torri gracefully raised an eyebrow. "I knew you were trouble, I went along with it and I didn't want Queenie to date you because I knew you can be like this. Cheating, lying, dirty. I thought you changed for her; you were acting so much better, improved, in a sense. That is why I gave you a second chance, and is still talking with you like we used to before we dated. But here we are."

  "Thank you Torri. What do you think it looks like? Who is the girl? What is going on? Explain." I said, my head pounding and instinct telling me to run. I wanted to hold my ground and be strong, at least this time. From what Alex told me, I used to run a lot.

  "This girl's name is Odilia. I wanted to take a step further in our relationship, but I wanted your consent before I did anything. So I got together with her while you were having your memory restored."

  "You know what? Please don't speak to me. I don't want to talk to you. I think that it goes without saying that this relationship is over."

  "I'm sorry..."

  "If you were truly sorry and appreciated our relationship, not to mention actually loved me, you would have been able to wait for me. I would have done the same for you if you were uncomfortable or unable. Goodbye."

  I held Alex's and Torri's hands, and confidently walked over to my dorm room. Where I promptly broke down in tears. They held me and comforted me all night. I should stay up less, but not tonight. Tonight I mourn my relationship and get over it.

  "Queenie, I think that you were very brave." Alex told me.

  "Yeah, you held your ground, and didn't let others see your emotions. You also didn't freak out, acted calm and responsibly handled the situation. I'm not going to lie, I couldn't have handled the situation better." Torri complimented me.

  "Thank you both so much, I am so happy that I have you two." I continuously choked up while saying it. My breaths were short because of the crying.

  "Eenie, don't cry because of the dirty, rotten apple. The bag of stinky rubbish, he doesn't deserve your time or your tears." I appreciated this comment from Lexie. I don't think that I saw him angrier. I think that I am seeing him increasingly angrier and angrier when he sees me and Flynn, until he finally blows his fuse. "Can I go punch him? Just once? Or 10 million times?"

  "He's not worth the effort," Torri told Alex, shaking her head, and she turned toward me again, wrapping me in her arms. "You know, in a story, this is what we call a 'he fell first, but she fell harder'. This trope actually isn't extremely popular, figures. It's okay to feel bad. I would be more concerned for you if you were fine with it. You just have to not mourn for too long. First relationships have to end at some point, and first loves usually don't come true. Did you love him?"

  "I think that I did. But I don't think he was my first love. I felt, and I think that I still feel a deeper love for my first love. I thought that it was a silly crush while I was with Flynn, but maybe I still have a chance..."

  "Whatever makes you happy Queenie." Alex said. He had no emotions. Maybe he was just too mad so he was slightly numb.

  "Oh! I forgot to tell you; you know the way that Mal told me after I asked her? I was reading Greek and Roman Mythology, and if you can convince Mnemosyne, an original titan, to restore your memories, she will bathe you in the river Lethe and they will be back!"

  "Oh my god really? Pun not intended."

  "Yeah. But the only thing you have to do is keep calm, remember what you want, tell her what you want in a persuasive way and..."

  "Convince a mighty and heavenly being with better things to spend their time on to make their way to the underworld to restore a mortal's memories?" Alex sarcastically said.

  "Oh do tell me if you have a better idea and you have spent the last two or more days cooped up, reading and researching magic."

  "I'm just saying that this way is too risky. Aren't there other ways?"

  "You know, getting memories back is a risky business. I will try to find more ways, but even finding this one was a miracle. Keep that in mind. So with that, I hereby declare the discussion over, and to get ice-cream, the worldwide breakup food."

  "Thank you and sounds great." Alex said.

  "Let's go!" I was excited to eat ice-cream. A breakup is a breakup and ice-cream is ice-cream.