15: The Date Actually was Nice

<Queenie POV>

  When I woke up the next day, I woke up very nervous about seeing Alex for the first time since yesterday. I somehow got up and dragged my body to the classroom. Already seeing Alex there, I blurted out "Hey, how are you?"

  "I'm good, how are you?"

  "Okay... are we good?"

  "We're fine! Why would we be bad?"

  "Because Flynn, the kid you hated since your childhood, is going out on a date with your best friend?" Alex clenched his hands. He actually snapped the pencil he was holding in half.

  "It's fine." He replied with gritted teeth.

  "Class, we are taking a quiz today." Saved from the awkwardness by the teacher somehow. I have never been more happy to take a pop quiz before in my life.

  In the middle of the class, I discovered that Evie was cheating using the mirror, presumably the one which her mother gave her. I somehow made it through the test and got a 'B'. Not terrible, for basically not studying except the sessions with Torri.

  I now walked over to home economics, not really looking forward to it. I sat down and waited for the class to start. Flynn walked over to me and said "You must be tired from running through my mind all night." with the lowest voice that I have ever heard on him.

  "First, what was that? Second, are you okay? You look like your shoulder is really sore from being rammed into by Alex."

  "I swear, he was doing it on purpose. Anyway, I would feel so much better if you would rub it?"

  "Never! Also when is our date? And there will be no more proceeding with our relationship after this date. I'm sorry, but I only want to be friends with you."

  "Friends are fine, I will take what I can get. Besides, I will woo you one day. Whether I can do it before we graduate, or after is just a matter of time."

  "Don't get your hopes up though. I don't like you romantically."

  "For now." He muttered cryptically.

  Then class began and we started doing our sewing projects. Sewing is extremely important, apparently. Especially if you have to do it yourself. Our date was later today, after school. Lunch passed with just Torri next to me. No Alex. It was really hard not talking to him for so long, I have never gone so long with so little interaction with him.

  Torri said "My best guess is that he is jealous. Maybe because he likes you romantically, which is my preferred hypothesis, and maybe because he likes you as a friend. The latter would be that you are going out with his enemy. To top that, you probably would spend less time with him and more time with another boy. If he likes you romantically, he would be jealous that you are possibly going out with another boy." while tapping her chin. Then she bit into a sandwich.

  "But I don't want to be separated from Alex because of the awkwardness! In my entire life, which is also the time that I knew him, we basically had no conflicts of this size!"

  "Just wait for him to cool it off. It's not like you're going on another date with Flynn, right? He'll talk to you eventually. Don't worry about it. You have the rest of your lives to make up for it anyway, if he doesn't cool off in the next week after the date, ask him what his problem is because there is no reason for him to be that mad at you."

  "Thank you Torri, I'm glad that I have you."

  "Me too. I finally have a friend of the same gender!" Then we laughed, finished our sandwiches, and left. What she didn't know was that I stole her dessert. She might have noticed and let it go, but it was delicious!

  We had music class again, and today, I properly learned how to play a guitar from Mr. Roger. It was really nice and so much easier than learning from a book. I actually knew most of them, but I learned many new chords. I would have to make adjustments to some of my songs to make them sound more like the ones I had in my head.

  School was over and I was playing my guitar, casually waiting for Flynn to come over and take me to our date. He knocked and I opened the door. "You're so beautiful, I forgot what I was going to say."

  "Thank you,"

  "Where was I? Oh, I was going to take you to my room, my roommate is out and he's not going to bother us. Take something with you that you don't mind doing for about 2 hours and follow me!"

  I immediately lifted the guitar I was using and the song book I was writing in. I also took a pen and followed Flynn out. He made his way through the corridors and I remembered the way from when I went to Alex's room. "Ta-da! Presenting to you, my room! You know that my mother is Rapunzel, right? One of my many talents is drawing. If you don't mind, I will be drawing you. Are you okay with that?"

  "Sure! Do I just do my thing?"

  "Go ahead!" So I sat down on his bed because working on a bed is so much better than working on a desk. I spread my things over his bed. I immediately started working on the acoustic guitar version of 'Karma'

  When I was finished, I started working on a new song. "Hey Flynn,"

  "Yeah?" He asked, looking up from his drawing.

  "You know how you said 'don't blame me, love made me crazy' yesterday when you were asking me out?"

  "What about it?"

  "Can I use that in a song?"

  "Sure! As long as I get to be the first to hear it."

  "Then can I be the first to see your drawing?"

  "Okay." And with that, we settled back into the comfortable music making and pencil sounds.

  When the time was up, we said goodbye. This time was actually relaxing, and if this wasn't labelled a 'date', I would be quite happy to do it again. I realised I had completely missed dinner so I made my way to Torri's dorm room and bugged her until she took her break from studying to do the thing that she liked; cooking. She was a really good cook. She made me her mother's famous recipes and we enjoyed them together. It was a really good day, if you forget about Alex.

  That night, something incredible happened. The whole time that I have been in Auradon, I had not seen Alex in my dreams. I had no idea why, and my best guess was that it was because the strange magic linking him to someone in the Isle and me to Auradon had worn off, or I was getting really good quality sleep. But tonight, I saw him.