4: I Met My Best Friend for the First Time!

I just slept after that, exhausted by my worrying and being with 4 extremely chaotic people. I woke up when we arrived at Auradon. There was a band playing and even more obnoxious people with smiles, waving and holding signs. Jay and Carlos went out first, fighting over a blanket now. Then Evie, Mal and finally, me.

  "Oh! Ah! Ow! Stop! You got everything else! Why do you want whatever this is?"

  "'Cause you want it!"

  "No!"

  "Give it to me! Let go!"

  A short woman came up to us, arms raised in welcome, I'm assuming. Then a cute boy wearing a suit and tie, linking arms with a pretty but annoyed and slightly disgusted girl came out. But everything went blank. I only saw the person next to them. It was Alex. He looks even better in real life. His brown hair, his blue eyes, his figure and that smile I have grown to love, came walking to me. We made eye contact and I drew a breath. I offered a slight smile and his grew even bigger, if it was possible. I snapped back to attention with Jay throwing everything into the car again.

  "Hello, foxy. The name's Jay." I quietly snickered at Jay's pathetic attempt at flirting.

  Apparently the lady agreed with me; she tilted her head to cover the snobby girl and said "Welcome to Auradon prep. I'm fairy godmother, headmistress,". So she was the famous fairy godmother.

  "The fairy godmother? As in, "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo"?" Mal asked.

  "Bibbidi-bobbidi. You know it." She said with a smile.

  "Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella when you just appeared, out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand and warm smile. And that sparkling wand." Subtle, Mal. Really.

  "That was a long time ago. And as I always say, "don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future."

  "It's so good to finally meet you all. I'm Ben." The cute boy introduced himself. I'm assuming that he was Alex's brother.

  "Prince Benjamin. Soon to be king." The snobby girl added. I decided her nickname will be snobby until I learned her name.

  "You had me at 'prince'. My mom's a queen, which makes me a princess." Evie breathily said with a curtsey.

  "The evil queen has no royal status here and neither do you." Snobby stated.

  Me, being fed up with this girl's attitude and Evie being disheartened, said "While The Evil Queen may not have royal status here, she does on the Isle of the Lost. Besides, she will be a better princess than you ever will be, if given a chance. Are you even a princess?"

  "This is Audrey." Ben said to diffuse the tension between us.

  "Princess Audrey. His girlfriend. Right, BennyBoo?" Audrey really is a snobby idiot.

  "My name is Alexander Beast, as we all seem to be introducing ourselves. You can call me Alex." Alex spoke up and my attention immediately snapped to him. He seems to have this effect on me.

  "Ben, Alex and Audrey are going to show you all around, and I'll see you tomorrow. The doors of wisdom are never shut. But the library hours are from 8:00 to 11:00. And as you may have heard, I have a little thing about curfews." Fairy Godmother stated and swiftly walked away. The marching band dispersed after her.

  Ben clapped his hands and said "It is so, so, so good to finally meet you all." He reached for a handshake but Jay punched him and Ben faltered back. Alex, seeing his brother, cautiously approached and they had a polite handshake. Ben was in a handshake with Mal, and staring into her eyes. "This is a momentous occasion," he moved on to Carlos as Alex approached, "and one that I hope will go down in history... Is that chocolate?" Ben shook Carlos's hand and sucked the chocolate off it.