5: A Random Acoustic Guitar

It was a large room with 2 desks, a table, 2 beds, and things everywhere. More specifically, clothes. Even more specifically, underwear. The funniest was a white one with hearts. "I'm not sure if I should be creeped out that you are wearing our family's last name on your underwear or laughing my head off."

  He blushed and put the underwear away. Aww he looks so cute when he blushes. Now that I know that he is real, my heart is beating really fast, my palms are sweaty and I kinda feel dizzy and warm. What is this?

  "So... where do we start?" He asked.

  "We are both mutually agreeing that our dreams have connected us, correct?"

  "Yes. Are we still best friends?"

  "Yup. You know all my secrets, I know all your secrets. Well, except that you have underwear with hearts on it, but yeah." We both laughed lightly at my comment.

  "How is your day so far?"

  "Well, I was told the most shocking news of my life, that I get to go to Auradon. I rode in a limousine, the fanciest place I have ever been in and experienced a huge shock when I thought I was going to drown. But I somewhat trusted you, who already told me this in my dream. It still was really scary though. Then I come here, feeling like a vampire being exposed to extreme sun. I then meet a historical figure, my head aches from being in the same space as 4 chaotic adolescents, and I learn that my best friend that I grew up with in my dreams since I was a baby exists. I see him in real life and he is the most gorgeous person that I have ever seen and is it just me or is the room getting hotter?" I rambled. I didn't realise that I said the last part out loud until Alex quietly asked "You think that I am cute?"

  "Umm... yeah" I said in the quietest volume that I have ever spoken.

  "Thanks, I think you're pretty too." Alex said with a somewhat confident voice.

  Then we just stared at each other with smiles on our faces. I am sure that I have a blush on my face. His face is slightly red too. I snapped out of our daze and asked him "can I hug you?"

  "Sure," and I crossed over to his seat and hugged him.

  "Thank you for being there for me, for getting me out of that horrible place and being my whole childhood. The moments with you were my favourite. Thank you for being my best friend." I realised that tears were coming out of my eyes. "I am grateful for getting a chance to say this to you in real life and I wish that this wasn't a dream with all of my heart."

  "Thank you for saying that. Thank you for being there too. Thank you for being my emotional support and best friend. This isn't a dream." Then he pinched me.

  "OW! Why did you do that?" I exclaimed in a thick voice from crying. I realised that Alex was crying too. Not as much as me, but there were still a few tears.

  "Ben and I have different ways to lighten the mood. He changes the topic, I try to joke around. At least you know that it isn't a dream."

  I pinched him back and I started giggling. A feat that I have never done while I was awake before. He chased after me around the whole room. It was really fun, I know that we aren't acting our age, but it still was really fun.

  We calmed down after that. He then gave me an acoustic guitar. Random I know, but I was still so moved and happy that I started crying again, which led to him hugging me, again. We were blissfully trying to figure it out, and to put my songs to chords. I picked up really quickly. Alex told me that he had been trying to learn, because of me and I thought that it was really sweet. But then he said that he had been trying for a week, and the appreciation died down a bit, but I was still happy.

  I put my very first song into guitar chords, 'Safe and Sound'. We were halfway done, when Ben came in, saw me and Alex having fun and said "I don't want to disrupt your fun, but I think you need to go to your dorm."

  "Oh, about that... we have good news and bad news. You will try something called a warm shower. It feels amazing. Also, you will get a bed. You will also get some new, clean clothes that you wash. I know that they are somewhat new concepts but your roommate will hopefully help you. The bad news, your roommate is Audrey." Alex said.

  I just stared at them. Unwilling to believe it. "Audrey doesn't like the arrangement but she is willing to be gracious. She was using a room by herself, and it was the only available one. I'm sorry..." Ben apologised.

  "I will try to bear with it. You don't have to apologise" I managed to get out. I stood up and, having somewhat accepted it, joked "aren't you, Alex the chivalrous Auradon kid escorting me to my room? Besides, I have no idea where it is." Alex stood up, held my hand and walked me out.

  We joked all the way there. When I arrived, it was a huge room with 2 desks, 2 beds, a bathroom and mountains of pink. My first thought was 'darn, I like red and black, not pink and white. I am going to have to change a lot'. I was sad that my time with Alex had ended and I gave him a kiss on the cheek, from where a blush started to form and bid him adieu.

  "See you tomorrow."

  "No, we still have dinner... I'll see you there Eenie." Eenie was his nickname for me because take the 'Qu' away from my name and you get Eenie, which also sounds like teenie, which is basically mocking my height.

  "Fine then, Lexie." His name was Alex, which is a unisex name, so I call him Lexie, mocking his name. Honestly, you can see how close we are because of this sort of stuff.

  That was me procrastinating the seeping feeling of doom as Audrey opened the bathroom door and came out with a blinding pink bathrobe. 'Oh shoot...' I thought. This is going to be a long year...