~ONE~

Sorry, I won't introduce Shubman in this Chapter but please read ahead anyway...And please star and comment if you like something... :)

________________________________________________________________________________

"Behti hawa sa tha woh~ udti patang sa tha wo~ kaha gya use dhundo~" I sang with closed eyes. I always felt at peace when I was in this place. Especially when I was singing here.

"Hum ko to rahe thi chalati~ Wo khud aapni raha banata~ Ghirta samhalta masti me chalta tha wo~" My throat vibrated with each fluctuation in my voice.

"Humko kal ki fikar satati~ Wo bas aaj ka jashn manata~ Har lamhe ko khulke jeeta tha wo- Chiiii- yuck!!!" I had a strong desire to be good. To sing well. I was always haunted by the idea of not being good enough. So I hung onto the only thing I had. My voice.

I grew up being told that my voice was amazing. It took me years and years to realise that voice does not equal singing. I had only ever dreamt big. But it took me 4 years to understand that dreaming big won't make you big...if you think it will, you are just another fool. I was that fool. I was yet another failure. I came to Australia with big dreams. But now I am stuck studying nursing. I was supposed to be a singer...or an actor- or - or a fucking voice actor. But I wasn't cut out for any of them.

I practised...and practised...I became a good singer. But I was yet another fool who entered the circle. Now I teach singing part time. Work in Burger Planet as a Manager while studying nursing. My life is a joke. I had a life though. I was happy with my friends, living life. Was I? I was right? Surely...actually, I came so close to my dreams only for it to slip out of my grip like sand.

Tears slid down my cheeks, wetting my entire face. This place gave me peace and quiet, but also...when I cry...the tear doesn't drop to the floor. It drops in the large body of water beneath my feet.

I was sitting in a park next to the Optus stadium in Perth. The park was just next to the Swan river. I loved this place dearly. This place helped me through every single one of my breakdowns. Held all my tears safely and took away all my pain along with it.

I felt a presence behind me in the bushes. Fear overtook my comfort in the darkness of the night.

"Who is it?" I took my earphones out of my ears.

"Who's there?" I got up from the jetty, moving off it and towards the bushes. I lit the torch of my phone looking around to see if anyone was actually present.

I saw no one. I still felt unsettled by this. So I called my family.

Mummy

She picked up, after 3 rings.

"Kanna?" My mother called out to me. I smiled softly, listening to her voice.

I had many names, Kannu, Kansha, Anshu, Akki, Akshi, Anku but my name is Akanksha Sehgal. I am a 22 year old bachelor who lives in Australia. My mum is in India since she doesn't want to come to Australia or more like she doesn't want to live with me.

"Mumma, Kaise ho aap?" I talked to her while getting to my friend's house. Mannata was one of my only Indian friend's in Australia. We fought every single day over every little thing but she never left. I love her a lot.

If Minerva was a friend who was a lot similar to me...Mannata was my friend that was the prime example of opposites attract. She is a very confident, and independent woman who should forever be respected for her efforts and success. Although she was a software engineer who rarely had time...she still helped me look after my baby. Chitra. Chitra Sehgal. My daughter.

"Mannu!" I shouted out to her as I pushed the door to her flat open. I saw the most adorable sight in front of me.

Chitra was wearing the most adorable baby pink dress. A rose wreath around her head. She stared at me with her large eyes and mouth agape. I covered my mouth with my hand.

As soon as she recognised me, her eyes lit up as she squealed around in happiness crawling towards me.

I kneeled to the floor, extending my arms for Chitra to crawl into. She did so happily. She was so small she almost fit right into my arms.

"Uwaaaaaaaaa~" She cooed moving her arms around to grab my attention

"Uwaaaaaaaaa~" She cooed moving her arms around to grab my attention. I granted it to her as much as she wanted.

"Kya hua baby~? Tumne miss kiya mujhe?~ Maine bhi tumhe bohot miss kiya~ Par koi baat nhi. Ab mai aa gyi hu." I grinned down at her and she giggled. I kissed atop her crown. It once again caused her to squeal. She pulled back, freeing her arms, extending it to go around my neck.

"Gagababagagaba~" She spoke random incoherent words but in her sweet voice it sounded like it held the knowledge of the whole world.

"Accha?" I asked as if I understood her. She pulled her wreath and wiggled it around in the air.

"Aaa wa bububu." She placed it against my chest hoping I'd hold onto it. Since I couldn't do that without putting her down, I walked to the area with the kids mat. I lowered her down on the floor, taking the wreath from her.

"Noh." She said, clearly she meant 'No'. I giggled and said with her,

"Baby~ mumma bolo." I asked her with a pout. She let out another giggle.

"Moomaaa~" Her voice sounded as if it was mixed in honey so sweet and adorable. My eyes blurred as my eyes were filled with tears for the second time today.

I moved closer to her, holding her face in my hand.

"Chia~ mumma- mumma firse bolo." My voice broke as I requested with eyes full of tears. Chitra tilted her head in confusion.

"Moomaa?" Tears made their way down my face as I happily nodded. Chitra just watched for a bit...and once she realised I was crying...she cried along with me.  She wailed and screamed all for me.

I held her up in my arms once again, pushing her against myself softly to calm her down. She nuzzled her face into the crook of my neck. I patted her back and in less than a second...she was calm in my arms. She played with my hair while I quietly sniffled.

"Maa banne ke bad bhi itna roti hai tu. At least thoda toh responsible ban." I heard Mannata's voice from the kitchen. She sounded irritated. I chuckled with a blocked nose which only resulted in me sounding sick as hell.

"Mai bohot responsible hu...it's not my fault that I have emotions. Just cuz you don't have it doesn't mean I don't have it either." I shook my head trying to explain. Mannata shook her head in annoyance but she was happy. I know she was.

I looked at Chitra in my arms, who laid her head on my shoulder, almost looking drowsy.

"Mannu. Chia ko neend aa rhi hai lagta hai. Mai abhi chalti hu." Mannata nodded and went to gather all of Chitra's things.

Shortly we left from there. I walked down the stairs with Chia in my arms, she refused to stop saying mumma. And I couldn't be happier. But...

"Mumamamaaama~" She held onto her favourite thing...my hair. I grinned at her while still being careful about where I was went.

I opened the back door of the car and popped Chitra on the baby seat.

I myself got into the driver's seat, driving away immediately.

________________________________________________________________________________