~SEVEN~

Ok so...I made a mistake of ofc once again...not studying and well I'm screwed for my exam tomorrow but at least I'm happy....and I read though more of the story in the drafts and yes...I'm kinda obsessed with their relationship later onnnnn....I'm also kinda excited publish it but ofc no guarantee you guys will have the same reaction as me 

Anyway here's my next impatience
________________________________________________________________________________

"Papa~~~" She said sweetly, trying to grab the phone to look at him properly. Akanksha looked at Chitra in shock while the couple laughed. This didn't help them believe her any better.

"No Chia, ye tumhare papa nhi hai." Chitra made faces at the phone trying to get a reaction out of the photo. But when he gave nothing, she turned to her mother, pointing at the photo and asking, "Papa~?"

"No chia, not papa." Akankha pulled her phone back, away from Chitra which caused Chitra to cry out.

"Noh~! Papa~!" She cried. "Papa~ Papa~ Papa~" She repeated again and again trying to grab Akanksha's phone.

"No. Chia no." She tried to refuse but Chitra cried harder and louder. It left the couples shocked. They hadn't seen Chitra cry like that in so long. Of course she cried like every toddler but she never did it because she was lacking something. They were never really tantrums. And usually when she cried, being held by Akanksha made her stop crying immediately.

"Shubman k sath ye bohot attach hogyi thi kal. Aur bohot ro rhi thi when he left." The couple looked at Akanksha with amazement.

"Tu sach me Shubman gill se mili kal?" Akanksha nodded, taking her phone out again, letting Chitra look at Shubman again and Chitra began babbling at him once again.

_____________________________

The team was in the change room and Shubman was...lost somewhere in his mind. Ishan and Rishabh were yet to be done changing..and to be honest, Shubman was yet to wear his jersey. He laid down on the bench, looking up at the ceiling. The older team mates discussed his state to result in one answer. A girl.

"Kya lagta hai king? Rajkumar ko kya bukhar chada hai?" Yuzi formed a mic with his hand asking the question.

"Ishq." Virat whispered doing a dramatic fist to his heart and acted as if he fell. The skipper caught the man who was yet to be done with his overacting. Rohit raised Virat on his feet once again lightly smacking his head.

"Skipper, aapki soch kya hai? Kya hua hai?" Yuzi asked Rohit who, although criticised Virat for overacting, did the exact same thing.

"Pyaar," He punched himself over the heart and made a dramatic fall to be caught by Ash.

"Ro tu dieting kiya kar. Kitna bhari hogya hai tu." Rohit got up immediately pushing Ashwin back while the others laughed.

Shubman looked at his best friends still in his dream-like state.

"Bhai, teri bhabhi bhi match dekhne aa rhi hai aaj. Tujhe kya lagta hai? Mai usse wo crowd mai dhund paunga?" The two looked at eachother and looked back at their friend.

"Agar dhund liya toh next meal meri taraf se free." Ishaan suggested, Shubman rose with a jolt.

"Burger Planet se na!?" He asked.

________________________________

The crowd erupted in cheers as the men in blue entered the field for the national anthems. India had won the toss and chose to field first. While the team walked to form a line, Shubman looked around trying to find Akanksha. At the same time Akanksha was teaching Chitra to place her hand on her heart for when the Anthems started.

After the anthems, Shubman continued looking around for Akanksha. She could see well and clear that he was looking for someone, but for who...she didn't know. She wished it was her and that she'd made an impact on him yesterday. But it was only a wish, it could never be anything real. What are the odds? So many people on the planet and she is the one that makes an impact on him? She couldn't believe that, so she dreamed, like most girls out there. Even if she had become a mother, she still hoped for a dreamy guy to run into her life making her happy and solving her problems. Of course she knew no man could solve her problems, but she dreamed anyway.

She sat in the North of the stadium, right next to India's dugout only a few rows up. Shubman was so busy looking far away...he didn't even see her so close to him. But once he saw her, he couldn't look away. She wore India's blue jersey which only made her face look brighter than it already was. She wore her favourite pearl earrings that almost always decorated her ears.  (This is so stupid, how can he see her earrings? Well I'll just go with the flow, I should stop being such a critical writer) Only her smile beat the pearls' shine as she chanted 'India!' with a large grin. She looked down at Chitra who looked like she enjoyed it just as much. She waved her arms around and jumped in her mother's arms, showing her excitement.

"Bhai milgyi teri bhabhi." Shubman whispered to Ishan who immediately looked away from the ball that flew his way. They were doing some warm ups before the match started.

"Accha?? Kaha hai??" He asked with excitement for his friend despite not really approving of her for his friend. Shubman used his eyes to show her to Ishan.

"Next to our dugout, 3 rows up." Ishan saw her immediately, seeing how close they were to her. He noticed the way she communicated with the people around her with big smiles. He saw a glimpse of how she treated others as he watched her plead with her head down in a polite and humble apology when she touched the person on her left by mistake. Although he didn't fully know what kind of a person she was, she clearly wasn't the worst of them all.

Ishan moved his eyes away from Akanksha and looked at his best friend who had that foolish smile on his face as he subtly observed Akanksha.

Maybe it wasn't that bad afterall, he thought. Maybe she wasn't such a bad idea. Ishan thought back to the toxic relationship Shubman had been in only about 5 months prior to coming to Australia.

Ayana Gupta. She had played him for 3 years, making a joke out of Shubman, using him to get everything she wanted while hanging him up on every single one of their plans. She doubted him over every phone call he got. In fact he made sure to create a distance between any woman who wasn't his loved one.

Even then, Ayana made sure to always check his phones, calling him out over every female name she saw. What was ironic was...she was the one who cheated. Used Shubman for his looks, fame and money while using another guy for...

It disgusted Shubman when he walked past his house doors to find his girlfriend with another man in bed. But he held on, he politely broke up with her and patiently waited until all her things were out of the house before breaking down.

He spent days in his house...but never in his bedroom. He dare not sleep on that bed again. When he was done with his breakdown. He resumed his daily practices like nothing ever happened. Even Ishan and Rishabh only found out about a month or two after the breakup had already happened.

Even in the happiest part of his relationship with Ayana he didn't smile like he did when he saw Akanksha. It was reassuring to see, but scarier. If she hurt him, he'd hurt more than with Ayana.

"Toh kyu na aaj shaam ko Burger planet?" Ishan raised his eyebrows hoping that'd cheer him up faster. Shubman shook his head.

"Nhi yaar, aaj wo nhi jayegi." Ishan stared at him with a weird face. "Tujhe kaise pata be?" He asked only to be told a very vague answer, "Bas pata hai."

________________________________________________________________________________

Guyss pleaseee comment or star it if you like it please 🥹🥹 it gives me more motivation to write. It's happened too many times that I've been discouraged to write because I got no responses. Pls let me know in some way that you enjoyed it if you did!!!😭😭😭