~THIRTY SIX~

He just looks too good in green doesn't he???????
________________________________________________________________________________

And so came the day...The Grand Finale of Indian Idol. Dipali Gupta, Akanksha Seghal, Lowina Pant, Dhruv Shankar and Kabir Thakur were the top five.

Akanksha stood on the large stage, in front of a massive crowd who couldn't wait for her to start singing. Akanksha held the mic tightly waiting for the beat to begin singing. And so it did.

"Luka chuppi bahut hui

Saamne aa ja na.." The crowd cheered as soon as they heard the line.

"Kahaan kahaan dhoondha tujhe

Thak gai hai ab teri Maa '' Her heart sank. It always did when she heard this song. It made her feel emotions in her that a simple song should not make her feel. Yet she did.

"Aaja saanjh hui mujhe teri fikar

Dhundhla gai dekh meri nazar aa ja na.." This line in particular was directed towards her brothers, her heart ached in their memory, but at the same time it swelled with pride...how happy they would've been had they seen her on the stage she stood on that very day.

"Aaja saanjh hui mujhe teri fikar

Dhundhla gai dekh meri nazar aa ja na.." She repeated.

"Kya bataaun Maa kahaan hoon main..

Yahaan uddne ko mere khula aasman hai

Tere kisson jaisa bhola

Salona jahan hai yahaan sapnon waala

Meri patang ho befikar udd rahi hai Maa

Dor koi loote nahi beech se kaate na" She looked back at Dhruv as he helped her sing the male lines. She imagined her brothers in his place and smiled. Eyes full of grief but the smile...it was something beautiful and reassuring.

"Aaja saanjh hui mujhe teri fikar

Dhundhla gai dekh meri nazar aa ja na.." She said it directed at her brothers but looked directly at Dhruv, he held eye contact, he knew the comfort it gave her as he knew her past had been horrible, not that he knew what had happened. He just knew it was horrible. So he gave her eye contact as comfort.

"Teri raah take aankhiyan

Jaane kaisa kaisa hoye jiya

Teri raah take aankhiyan

Jaane kaisa kaisa hoye jiya.." Her eyes wandered towards the crowd trying to find that familiar face, the familiar smile and dimples she yearned to see. She didn't find him. She looked for the familiar shine of beautiful aura that her brothers held but of course she knew it didn't exist any more.

"Dheere-dheere aangan utre andhera

Mera deep kahaan..

Dhalke sooraj kare ishaara

Chanda tu hai kahaan

Mere chanda tu hai kahaan" And there stood Chitra in the arms of her mother. Her deep that she looked for. She looked up full of confidence ready to experiment with the song.

"Luka chuppi bahut hui

Saamne aa ja na..

Kahaan kahaan dhoondha tujhe