~THIRTY SEVEN~

Here you have a not so long awaited chapterrr 
________________________________________________________________________________

"...AKANKSHA SEGHAL!!!! GIVE HER A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR THE OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE SEASON!!!!!" Akanksha looked up, bewildered. She didn't know what she had received...not until she saw Lowina's head that refused to raise.

"Congrats Akanksha." Dipali wished half-heartedly. She couldn't bring herself to say it genuinely. Akanksha sprung to her feet, the others moved aside to let her walk forward. Time went way too quickly for Akanksha...and they changed quickly too.

Akanksha's eyes welled up as her lips formed a beautiful smile. She gathered her sari pallu wrapping it around herself. Her eyes wandered towards the crowd trying to find Shubman. But there was only so far her eyes could see.

Hussain gave her the mic to address anyone she wanted to address. Her lips trembled. She took a second to form words...

"Hello, aap toh mujhe jante ho, mai Akanksha Seghal, Delhi ki ladki jo Australia mai rehti thi. Chod diya tha maine singing ke sapne dekhna...mai toh chali thi koi nursing job dhund ke wahi rehne ke liye." She laughed with a little sniffle. "Phir mujhe mera pyaar mila...pehle toh mujhe India le aaya, phir jab auditions pe aane ko mana kar rhi thi. Mujhe last audition ke ek din pehle convince karke laya tha woh...He drove me to Dharamshala from a completely different city when we couldn't find a flight. This win...is dedicated to him, for his faith in me. Jab mujhe khudpe bharosa nhi tha toh ussne kiya hai." The crowd's awws quickly went silent as she addressed the next person. And even though she realised, she just kept going.

"And also my lovely daughter, Chitra, and my mumma aur aap sab log jo mere sath khade ra-rahe." She cried towards the end. "Thank you." Tears streamed down her face. She felt extremely guilty for being able to cry happy tears while her friend cried sadly.

Akanksha walked back into the shadows, hiding herself completely while the other participants talked about their journey.

.

.

.

After the show ended, Shubman made his way backstage, and he held a beautiful bouquet of flowers, the most beautiful of those roses and baby's breath. Baby's breath...her favourite flower that coincidentally enough symbolised love, purity and sincerity.

He wore a white hoodie with black jeans, she always loved white on him. She appreciated the simplicity of the colour white and also the comfort of the colour black. He knew that all too well. He would have even worn a white Kurta to match her white saree but he didn't want to make it too obvious to the crowd that wore all casuals. So he stuck to a white hoodie and black jeans. He waited behind the turf. His eyes scanned the area to see whether she'd already come down.

And he saw her

And he saw her. Looking beautiful in the white saree and a simple bun, too beautiful for him. Her face red from the extensive singing she had done through the night. It gave her a very innocent look.