~THIRTY ONE~

Another one because it's a short chapter <33 Enjoyyyy

________________________________________________________________________________

The whole ride to dharamshala, Akanksha practised while Shubman drove. He had told her to sing the song that resonated the most with her. She chose Abhi mujhme kahi by Sonu Nigam. as her main song. She did have other songs just in case too. They had actually thought to take a flight but everything was full, so despite the car ride being only 5 hours since they left in the morning, eating and everything took much longer. If they didn't reach in five minutes, the auditions would be over. And Shubman didn't know if he could convince Akanksha to give it a shot again.

He pressed the brake harshly, stopping right in front of the place to fill up paper. There were only 5 minutes to fill up the paper and submit it.

"Shub tum car mai baitho mai-" "Nhi tum line mai khadi ho jao mai paper fill kar deta hu." She nodded.

_______________________

Akanksha was the last person to enter. She could hear the judges talking.

"Kya lagta hai? Dum hoga iss ladki ke awaaz mai?" Akanksha took deep breaths waiting to be called in.

"I hope." She heard Shreya Goshal speak from inside. (Yeah no sorry I'd much rather have Shreya, Vishal and Kumar Sanu as judges, I mean now it's them anywayyyyyy<333)

"Next!" They called out and walked Akanksha. Her heart dropped as soon as she saw the platform and the judges who welcomed her with a tired smile.

"Hello." They greeted her. "Hello, Sir, hello ma'am. How are you?" She didn't know how else to reply.

"We're good, we're good. Akanksha right? Please introduce yourself." She scratched her head as her legs trembled from the sheer nerves she felt.

"I'm Akanksha Seghal, 23 years old. " She smiled at them and took a few more breaths while they looked at her information.

Vishal looked directly at Akanksha while she evaded his eyes, "Aap kaha se ho?"

"Mai originally Delhi se hu lekin bohot saalo se Australia mai reh rhi hu." The judges looked shocked.

"Really? Kitne saalo se?" She thought back for a second before answering. "Sir, kuch 9-10 saal..." Shreya gasped while the other two just looked between each other.

"Oh? Toh India kab aai?" Asked Kumar Sanu. Akanksha became slightly less nervous as they talked more. "Sir 2 din hogye..."

"Ohh...chalo ye sab chodte hai. Ab batao aaj gaane me kya hai?" She gave a small chuckle before taking another deep breath.

"Sir mai aaj Sonu sir ka song, abhi mujh me kahi...gana chahti hu." She held onto the mic tightly.

"Whenever you're ready then." She cued the music.

She tapped her foot on the beat of the music, she waited patiently for the lyrics.

"Abhi mujh mein kahin

Baaqi thodi si hai zindagi" As she felt all the fluctuations. So did the judges.

"Jagi dhadkan nayi

Jaana zinda hoon main toh abhi

Kuch aisi lagan iss lamhe mein hai

Ye lamha kahaan tha mera" She sang, gathering all the pain she held in her heart for years. After all, singing made everything feel better.

"Ab hai saamne

Issey chhoo loon zaraa

Mar jaaoon ya jee loon zaraa

Khushiyaan choom loon Yaa ro loo'n zaraa

Mar jaaun ya jee loon zaraa" As the music came back, she waited patiently for the singing part to come.

"Ho o.. abhi mujh mein kahin

Baaqi thodi si hai zindagi." She remembered the faces of Shubman and Chitra and them being a family. How much those moments meant to her.

"Ho..

dhoop mein jalte huey tann ko

Chhaya perh ki mill gayee

Roothe bachche ki hansi jaise

Phuslaane se phir khill gayi." That was what Shubman had done to her, for her, so this song was for him, and him only.

"Kuchh aisa hi abb mehsoos dil ko ho rahaa hai

Barso'n ke purane zakhm pe marham laga sa hai

Kuch aisa rahem, iss lamhe mein hai

Ye lamha kahaan tha mera

Ab hai saamne Issey chhoo loon zara

Mar jaaoon ya jee loon zara." The moments spent with only Shubman, her admission of her love for him, everything he did made her want to live and live happily, not the empty shell life she lived until she met him. She sang the rest of the songs with the same feel, her singing imitating Sonu Nigam and more. She gave the song more depth than even he had. (This is not possible so please don't dream - dream but not to become better than another person, dream of becoming the best instead. Eww I hate being all philosophical.)

________________________________________________________________________________