~Thirty Eight~

________________________________________________________________________________

They openly walked around together after that. Since Akansha's song with AR Rahman was going to be shot in Ahemdabad, and IPL had started ages ago and Shubman's matches would mainly be in Ahmedabad as it was GT's home ground.They just hung out with each other before the match. They walked around the market, hand in hand. Both their hearts beat in sink, their fingers entangled in each other soaking the warmth from the other. They both wore a black mask as they navigated around the people in the market.

"Tum next match ke liye ready ho?" She raised her eyebrows in question. Shubman shrugged, "Ready toh hu, lekin dusre teams bohot dangerous dikh rhe hai." Akanksha held his other hand in hers.

"Par, GT ke players bhi kam nhi hai." She nudged him, referring to him. "Accha?" He smiled.

"Hmm...Hardik bhaiya, kamaal hai, David bhi, Shami bhaiya, Rashid bhai...sab log." She teased, intentionally not mentioning Shubman. "Haan haan, ji zazroor." He bowed his head, "Aur kuch madam?"

"Nhi kuch ni," She giggled. "Personally, mujhe lagta hai...Gujarat bohot aage tak jayega. Aur kya pata, tum orange cap bhi jeet jao." Her reassurance filled Shubman's heart with immense joy. Because of their height difference he could easily put his head on top of hers and so he did. "Don't worry Shub, the team is great and your presence will only make it that much better." She smiled.

"Tum match dekhne aa rhi ho na?" He asked sweetly, "Koi shaq?"

"And obviously iss baar bhi khud hi pay karke aana hai?" Shubman sighed, she always refused to let him pay for her things. Although he didn't tell her, it gave him a certain sense of comfort, she didn't need to do it. He was willing to pay for everything but her gestures reassured him that it wasn't his money. It was him. It wasn't even his fame, she didn't use the fact he's her boyfriend to get anything. Instead she made her own name, independently, through her own talent just so she could stay beside him with pride, so he also had something to say about her.

To her, she was dating the best possible guy in the world, so for him, she would be the best version of herself. Best for him...for her family, for Chitra, for his family too which she had already accepted to be her own.

"Haan obviously." She smiled. Shubman shook his head, laughing. "Shub kya tum kuch der mere liye wait kar sakte ho?" She pointed away saying she had to be somewhere.

"Mai chalu tumhare saath?" She shook her head, "Nhi nhi, koi baat nhi. Don't worry." He nodded.

She left from there, leaving him to look around. He found his eyes looking only at things she liked. The whole market was lined up with shops selling jhumkas, kangan, payal, bangles. He strolled past a few shops, stopping only for things that caught his eyes. He knew her likes and dislikes very well, so he found her a beautiful jhumka with a hair loop. (I don't know what it's called.)

He knew if she was given something, she would always cherish it so he wanted to give her something that she could keep around her at all times. And surprisingly enough...the first thing that came to his mind was anklets...and so he bought a simple one that wouldn't hurt her when wearing it everywhere.

He went back to the place she'd left him and waited...shortly after, he saw her make her way towards him taking quick steps. She swayed a small bag in her hand.

"Chalo, hotel wapis chalte hai." Their walk back consisted of Akanksha's struggles to make Shubman stop trying to look in the bag. He would act all protective of her and walk on the road side but really, he just wanted a glimpse of what was in the bag. She made sure to evade it each time.