~TWENTY~

To sum it up...I'm bored...and so here's another one
;p

________________________________________________________________________________

Anushka smiled but felt worried for him. What if something went wrong? But she wouldn't have to be.

_________________________

Shubman was going to be in Perth for a week as the test match was playing out there. He insisted on getting her a ticket but Akanksha refused. It wasn't that she didn't want to watch the match, she just didn't want him to have to ask his captain for tickets so she paid for it herself.

It was the second day of the match when she found herself walking through the gateway and into the stadium. Once again Mannata was made into a nanny which she did gladly. She wore her same old jersey with DHONI, 7 written on it. Her heart quickened as her feet led her up the stairs and towards the seat she had bought her ticket to, she held a large paper in her hand. Once again she had managed to be in the same seat as last time. She smiled at the fond memories from last match.

Once again the view of the stadium had managed to take her breath away. The cheers of fans. The melodious music playing in the background. The dhol that went off everywhere. The feeling was just something else. It was love...and it was life. No it is love. It is life. Singing helped her express herself the best but it was this place that completely changed the way she lived her life. For a day she'd become an extrovert, singing, dancing, screaming, whatever it may be. She basked in the atmosphere, allowing herself to feel the butterflies that made her never want to leave the place. Her smile refused to leave her face as she continued to look around. 

(I'm not kidding, even the place she goes to exists, just passing by the stadium makes me want to stay there even livee there, whatever she feels is what I felt every time I go to watch the matches.)

She got a call on her phone. It was Shubman. She wanted to surprise him, so she made her way inside. She stood in the bathroom as she answered the call.

"Hello, Shubman?" She smiled into the phone. Like always she felt butterflies swirl in her stomach anticipating hearing his voice. And so she did.

"Akanksha, tum pakka nhi aa sakti?" She could hear his pout over the phone, she felt bad but she couldn't help smiling at the surprise she wanted to give him. She hoped it worked. This was going to be the most embarrassing thing she has ever done but it was worth it with the joy she hoped he would feel.

"I'm sorry Shubman, mai sach me nhi aa sakti." She lied. "Phir bhi, acche se khelna. Best of luck."

"Oh...thank you." He said extremely dejected. "Bye, Akanksha.." It had only been four days since they had dated so he felt slightly awkward using a pet name for her so he still only just called her Akanksha.

"Bye Shubman." She hung up the call and wore a mask before going back to her seat.

-

Shubman walked behind Rohit as he was supposed to open. India had gotten Australia all out on the very first day and had already played a few balls. Shubman was on 6 runs from 3 balls while Rohit was on 2 runs from 3 balls. Shubman looked around the stadium, hoping to see his girl somewhere among the crowd...but she wasn't there.

He expected that. She was a busy person. She did three different jobs, how was she to make time for him? He tried to coax himself into believing that but it did somewhat make him feel slightly insecure. He who never let anything affect him during a game, he let her affect him.

Now how was he to deny other people's words if they ever blamed her. So he played, despite the conflict in his heart that kept edging him into believing he wasn't worth watching. He himself didn't know where he got such an idea from but he got it, and there was no denying it.

Rohit saw his battle within himself so he called for drinks.

"As it seems, Shubman Gill is having trouble concentrating on the ball. He's made three rash shots already but luckily he's still on the crease." Said Sanjay Manjhrekar from the commentary box, as someone brought in drinks for them.

"Shubh tujhe kya hua?" Rohit asked, nudging his arms. He shrugged, dismissing his question.

"Are kuch nhi bhai, line nhi padh paa rha hu ball ki." Rohit rolled his eyes at the clear lie. He looked away towards the screen to see something rather cute. 'I'm sorry everyone but I'm only here for Shubman 😍😍. Good luck Shubman 💕.' A poster said. "Are woh dekh, tere fans bhi aa gye hai. Ab unke liye toh accha khel de." Shubman nodded but turned to see the message from the fan. Only to see someone emerge from behind the large paper. Akanksha. His Akanksha. Although she wore a mask, he could see the grin behind it. She stared straight into the camera before calmly pointing at the paper. His eyes followed her hand and began reading it.

An adorable, dimpled smile spread across his face which the camera person noticed as he panned the camera towards Shubman's smiling face. Akanksha saw his grin and she honestly couldn't be happier. And even though she was very embarrassed and self-conscious about others attention on her, she enjoyed the smile it brought on his face.

"Oyee hoyee. Chehra toh dekho. Tera woh- woh le gyi kya?" Shubman nodded his head, asking what?

"Woh matlab, woh, woh tera dil." Shubman chuckled, placing his hand on Rohit's shoulder, he sighed. "Woh toh kab ka le gyi thi." He fawned.

"Kya matlab?" Rohit looked at the girl once again. "Matlab woh Akanksha hai...aur abhi abhi mujhe ek surprise diya hai. Meri ticket reject karke khud ticket kata ke aa gyi." He laughed as he felt his heart fill with much more love and affection, he hadn't expected her to come to watch the match, let alone do something like that.

She was a very reserved person, it was almost impossible to make her get out of her shell. And here she was doing this for him by her own accord. He admired her more and more.

Akanksha didn't have much to give Shubman. He had more money than her for her to gift him anything, so the most she could give him was her constant efforts. So whenever she did anything for him, she put her all into it.

"Mai tickets hawa se nikal k lata kya? Thank god usne khud tickets kharide." Rohit sighed in relief while Shubman laughed.

"Bhai, ab khelna hai ya nhi?" Rohit nodded. "Ab toh aur acche se khelega na."

________________________________________________________________________________