~SIXTEEN~

Ik it's a bit late but who here's happy for GT's new captain!!!???? To be completely honest I wanted him to start as VC first...I still can't forget Rishabh Pant's crying face. I don't want Shubman to cry as well 😭 I'm still sooo happy for him thoughhh.  

________________________________________________________________________________

"Sorry, what would you like today?" She looked at the counter avoiding his stare she felt burning into her. But it didn't help her heart ache. It didn't help quench her parched throat. It didn't help her eyes from crying out slightly.

She dropped something from the counter on purpose. She dipped herself down behind the counter to pick the thing up. But first it had to be her eyes that had to be wiped. She sat there in silence for a second, she made sure her eyes looked dry and her face could still form a smile.

"I'm sorry, I just dropped something. Was there any problem?" Her voice sounded much more hoarse and quieter. Shubman could see her wet lashes even from a distance. Shubman thought back to what Anushka had told him...her bloodshot eyes told a similar story.

"Akansha, mujhe tumse baat karni hai..." He tried to be as gentle with his words as possible but they came out rushed.

"I'm sorry sir but I'm in the middle of work-" "Akanksha, the next manager is here, you're good to go now." Someone interrupted her from the kitchen. She stopped in the middle of her sentence. She avoided eye contact the best she could.

"5 minutes...please..." He pleaded. She shook her head, "The next manager is here, you are free to talk to him." She left him there, stranded, she grabbed her things and...she left. Not sparing him another look. She couldn't afford another look at him.

But when he saw her, he knew he would come back, he won't give up on her. He rushed out behind her. Calling her name.

He made sure to leave space as he walked behind her. She walked past many people muttering little 'excuse me's trying to lose Shubman...but he too was stubborn, he kept on her track.

While he tried to catch up to her, her mind and heart were at constant battle with each other. Her mind told her to walk away as fast as possible...while her heart held her at a slow pace so he could catch up.

She almost felt like she was a fraud...a hypocrite...she told him she didn't want to talk...and it was her who let him close once again.

"Akanksha, please mujhse baat karo." She led them to an empty parking lot, she didn't want to cause a scene in front of people when he could be recognised. As hurt as Shubman felt from her walking away, she felt just as hurt, walking away. Neither realised the tears the other held. Shubman however was capable of drying his.

She turned back abruptly with tear filled eyes, "Shubman, please, nhi hoga...please just leave.." She'd finally addressed him for who he was.

He felt such relief at hearing his name from her he barely let out a sigh. Her eyes remained the same. She took a step back though. She knew she'd take a step forward if she got any closer.

She looked directly at him...he seemed to be in the same state as she was. His hair messy, eyes red and dimples non-existent. Her heart dropped. She felt sick in her stomach. If only she knew he felt the same when he saw her in the state that she was in. Her fingers twitched in revolt against her mind, they wanted to feel his face. She wanted to help his eyes relax but as long as he looked at her from the distance she kept, it wasn't possible. 

"Akanksha, tumne mujhse baat karna kyu chod diya?" She didn't reply. "Ishan bola that you used me...usse kuch nhi pata." She knew her eyes were too truthful so she kept them hidden behind her hooded eyelids.

"Sahi toh bol rhe hai. Haan maine tumhe use kiya." Shubman scoffed. She bit into her lips in nervousness...Shubman had the urge to stop her, but distance...

He knew there was a line in between them that he must not cross unless she crosses it first. So he stays put until she invites him in.

"Accha? Kab? Zara batana?" She looked around for excuses to tell him. "I used your fame." She fiddled with her car keys. She had to say it, she didn't need him to come any closer.

She hoped he'd buy it. She had promised herself she wouldn't hurt Shubman again...but here she was. Of course she didn't deserve him. No, of course not.

"Kaise?" She didn't have anything to say. But she did.

"Why does it matter Shubman, either way I hurt you. Haal dekha hai aapna? Masochist ho kya tum? Itna ignore kiya maine phir bhi-" But he needed to let her know.

"Kya fark padta hai?" He shrugged. His eyes looked at her with a sense of longing in them. A care that Akanksha fought against herself to resist reaching out for.

"Fark padta hai." She replied with as much assertiveness as she could project.

"Pakka? Because even then, Akanksha...I still like you....and I like you a lot. Mujhe sirf ek chance do. You won't need to push me away anymore." Her tears slipped out one by one in response. She sobbed into her hand.

Her heart filled with the poison that was affection, or love it was called...something she dreaded reaching out for. And something she feared more...? Actually receiving it. It made everything feel so hopeful until one day...it's gone. Never to return again.

"Shub aisa mat karo...please yaha se chale jao." She begged. Shubman's heart cried out for the girl in front of him, he wanted to reach out and pull her into a hug.

He wanted to comfort her and tell her how he wouldn't leave her or her side but he couldn't. She wouldn't be comfortable...and he didn't want to make her feel any worse than she already did.

She tried her best to convince herself she didn't want this. But she did, how could she hide it? Her heart and her eyes, both cried for him day and night. How could she hide it? She couldn't. But she couldn't afford it. She really couldn't.

________________________________________________________________________________

Aiyahhhh is it just me or is it getting depressing out here? 😀😀 Well whatever the case, fate does what it wants (fate being me ofc😌😌) so lets see how it wants this story to go.

Alsoooooooooooooooooo...

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR READING THIS STORY!! 

I'm so grateful to all of you. Now I have 3000 reads and that means a lot to meeee!!! Thank you sooo sooo muchhhh!!!!!!