~THIRTY FIVE~

________________________________________________________________________________

As more episodes aired, people had started realising she was the same girl as the one they believed Shubman was dating...which was true...not that they needed to know. The whole of Instagram was filled with their photos together, questioning their relationship. They completely ignored all speculations. A few even managed to get a photo of them together, although they were just standing next to each other in the photos they knew it was them. Some people posted shit on them while others congratulated them. 

Of course it was because they were yet to know about Chitra...Avinash...and just Akanksha in general. She knew how quickly they'd change sides when they found out Akanksha already had a daughter. But she didn't want it hidden. She didn't want Chitra to ever think she was ashamed of having her. So she decided to announce Chitra to the world if she won Indian Idol...she had even told Shubman how she wanted to make their relationship public. Shubman welcomed the idea with many hugs and kisses. After that, they spent hours together in each other's arms.

"Shubman...tum Ishan bhai se baat kyu nhi kar rhe?" She looked up at him from his arms. They were in Shubman's house in Mumbai. They cuddled on the sofa, finally having found time for themselves after so long.

"Are woh-" "Shub...Australia mai jo hua woh mere aur Ishan bhai ke bich hai...he's your best friend, unse mere liye door mat raho." She kissed his cheeks softly.

"Lekin usne galat kiya..." He pouted, his forehead scrunched up in disapproval. "Pata hai woh galat tha, lekin unhone tumahre liye kiya tha. Phir bhi pata hai...galat tha...lekin ab punishment zyada ho rha hai." Shubman nodded, he wanted his best friend back too but he felt horrible about what Ishan had done. He genuinely felt embarrassed looking at Ishan but when Akanksha admitted her love for him, he wanted someone to talk to about it. Specifically Ishan, but he couldn't with the pride he held onto.

"I love you." She whispered to Shubman, allowing herself to fall asleep in his arms. "Love you too." He kissed her forehead.

"Waise tum Ayana se mili thi na?" (For anyone who forgot- his ex gf)  Akanksha nodded against his arm. "Hmm...Shub, mai aur kuch nhi kahungi par, she isn't necessarily a bad person." She looked at him full of honesty. That's what she believed. 

"Even after she-?" Shubman couldn't help doubt Akanksha for the first time. He had finally learnt to not blame himself thanks to Akanksha...and now here she was, trying to justify what Ayana had done. He couldn't help feel a little irked by her statement for the first time. 

"Shubman, nhi-" "Matlab meri galti thi?" He felt slightly agitated as he moved away from Akanksha a little. 

"Nhi-" "Toh kya?" He asked immediately. For the months they've been together, it was for the first time that she saw him even slightly defensive towards what she said. Slightly aggressive. And she understood his feelings. So she encased her hand around his face, running her thumb in a circular motion to calm him down. And it worked. 

"Shub, mera matlab ye nhi hai that she was right in cheating. She was wrong. And it was her who was in the wrong. Never you. She was wrong in the decisions she made...but she isn't a bad person. And you can definitely be mad at her for her wrong choices. Bass don't think she was a bad person. Be pissed at her, absolutely hate her, but for her decisions. Don't say you hate her because she was a horrible person because she did love you Shub." He rolled his eyes in annoyance. 

"Aur ye tumhe kisne bataya? Ayana?" He asked sarcastically. She simply smiled up at him, "It takes one to know one. That's why I know she loved you." Despite being annoyed just seconds ago a smile involuntarily made it's way on his lips. He tried desperately to hide it, but seeing her smile he couldn't help it.