~THIRTY TWO~

________________________________________________________________________________

Her voice and her beat and her rhythm even her sadness resonated with the judges, they couldn't help the tears that rolled down their cheeks. Akanksha sang the song with so much love, so much pain, and so much more passion. They knew what that sheer talent and passion could make her. And there was no way they would stop such a star from blooming.

"Thank you." Akanksha bowed as she finished the last line. She thought she did pretty well but she only realised the scope of it when she looked up to see the judges in tears.

"Ma'am?" Shreya didn't respond, she just turned around to wipe her tears. The other two just used their sleeves to wipe their eyes.

"Sir?" Neither of them replied. They took a second to even out their breaths so they could speak properly at least.

"Kya ho yaar tum?" Akanksha shyly tucked her hair away as a fluttery feeling made its way into her chest.

Shreya finally turned back with red eyes, "Akanksha, tumhe pata hai tumne aaj kya kiya hai?" Akanksha shook her head innocently.

"Shh. Tum sab chup raho." Kumar Sanu scolded the two finally turning to face Akanksha. "Tu ye le ja." He asked Akanksha pointing at the golden mic. Her face went pale first and then red as she realised exactly what he meant.

"Mai? Sir?" She looked between the judges who nodded. "Haan, tu. Aake le ja. Tera hai ye." She hesitantly took her first step forward and stopped once again for confirmation. Instead of nodding, Kumar Sanu himself got up to give it to her. She couldn't believe it. It was something she didn't in her life think would happen. And she knew it wouldn't if not for Shubman's complete faith in her.

The other judges followed Kumar Sanu while Akanksha stood in shock. She finally snapped out of her daze as the cold of the mic touched her hand.

"Thank you sir." She whispered, she touched his feet as tears spilled out of her eyes. But she had no problem with them, because they were happy tears and once again Shubman was the reason for it. "Thank you so much." They were rather the words she wanted to say to Shubman.

She touched the feet of every judge as they consoled her, "Pehle hume rulati ho aur baad me khud roti ho?" Shreya said while rubbing her back.

Kushal went a different approach, "Humne kuch nhi kiya, it's all you." He patted her head comfortingly.

"Akanksha, tera jo yeh performance tha na? Hum bohot lucky hai ki hume ye sunne ko mila, lekin others need to hear you too. Tere jitna talent, maine bade saalo se nhi dekha hai. Tu bilkul hi extraordinary hai yaar...you deserve the limelight. So yeh leke ja, Mumbai mai milenge." Kumar Sanu explained, making her hold onto what is rightfully hers.

"Thank you sir." Her voice croaked. They turned the cameras off allowing the judges to be more personal with Akanksha.

"Waise tum akeli aai ho?" She shook her head, taking small sniffles to clear her nose. "Mere boyfriend k sath..." She smiled with a trail of her voice. Shreya smiled cheekily as did the others. "Oho, dekho kon sharma rha hai? Woh ander aayega kya?" Akanksha shook her head, she didn't want him to be exposed just yet. She had decided along the way that she'd do it when she reached a point where she could protect herself from the constant scrutiny of society.

"Accha koi na, bechara wait kar rha hoga tumhara, tum jao. Aur pata hai na mega auditions pe jane ki koi zarurat nhi hai?" She nodded to Kushal. "Best of luck for the round after that jiska naam mai bhool gya hu. Ab jao." She nodded and left, sprinting out the door and the obstacles. Hussain tried to stop her and he did...but seeing her desperation, he let her be.

She ran past everything running to where Shubman had told her he was.

Shubman paced around the car, waiting, going on his phone, pacing, waiting again, going on his phone. He had done so ever since she had stood in the line.

"Woh select ho jayegi. Akansha bilkul select ho jayegi. Of course woh select hogi, kon hai iss duniya mai jiski singing meri Akanksha se behtar ho? Koi nhi, of course select ho jayegi." He had made up all these sentences in his head to de-stress himself. But he knew she'd be fine.

That's when he heard her footsteps rubbing against the dirt. He flipped around to see her running towards him with tears in her eyes, he was so shocked seeing her in tears his mind didn't even register the golden mic she held in her hand. And when she was close she jumped right into his arms with the trust that he'd catch her and he did. He held her close, arms wrapped around her torso while hers hung around his neck.

"Shub I love you, I love you, I love you sooooo muchhhhhhh." She said repeatedly to him, he understood that she had got in and with equal splendour, he spun her around. "YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!" He shouted. "Maine kaha tha tumhe, tum toh select ho hi jaogi." He spun her around some more as they both enjoyed the moment.

"And guess what?" He placed her down excitedly, "What?"

She pulled out the golden mic covering her mouth with it and she laughed which was much heavier with the small sobs that were caused from the sheer joy it gave her. Shubman felt it. To him, it wasn't her selection, it was equivalent to his. She was his pride and always would be.

He hugged her tightly. "Toh ab kaha jana hai? Maine 48hrs tumhe diye hai, as promised."

"Jaha tum chaho." She kissed his cheeks.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sweet?? 🤨🤨

It just makes me feel single 😍😍