~FOURTEEN~

Mild ⚠️⚠️TRIGGER WARNING!!!!! ⚠️⚠️

Mentions of sexual assault read at your own discretion  
________________________________________________________________________________

It had been weeks since they had stopped talking and time for India's next match in Perth. Shubman didn't seem to be doing any better than he was when he deleted her contact from his phone. Even with the photos deleted...he still couldn't stop thinking of what could have been. Ishan tried helping the best he could...but it was no help whatsoever. And what good advice would a guy who had no experience give? Just that she isn't worth it.

"Vee ye Shub ko kya hua?" Anushka asked Virat, who looked at the youngster.

"Pata nhi, he was in the talking phase and she ghosted him completely. Bohot upset hai. Looks like he liked her a lot yaar." Anushka looked at the state of Shubman. His eyes were half lidded and eyes red enough to make you think he had been crying the whole night. His dark circles were extremely prominent too.

Anushka smacked Virat's arm, "Aur tune kya kiya?" (From the interviews I watched I realised Virat uses 'tu' to address her so I'm assuming she uses 'tu' as well so forgive me if it's not tru.)

Virat winced, "Are mai kya karu. Ishan kosish kar rha hai. Mai topic bhi nikalta hu toh our chutku third opener ghoorne lag jata hai. Uss ladki ne Shubh ko use kiya hai bolta hai." Anushka shook her head and made her way towards Shubman.

"Shub..." He turned to her with a tired smile. He didn't have the energy to give her a genuine one. "Are you okay?" He nodded his head with the same smile. He wasn't okay.

"Chal jhoota...Kya tu mujhe uss ladki ke bareme batayega?" Shubman shook his head. "Shub kabhi kabhi aisa karna padhta hai. You need to get your closure. Aur jab tu uske sath jo kuch hua hai woh repeat karega tab jake tu ussko acche se samjhega." He just silently looked at the ground.

"Easy start karte hai...her name?" Anushka tapped him on the shoulder moving around on the chair to make herself more comfortable.

"Ak-Akanksha Sehgal." He stuttered out. He found it extremely difficult to even speak her name.

"Her age?" Anushka started a rapid fire questioning. He answered all of them.

"23." He remembered when he tried to convince her to call him tum instead of aap. He smiled softly.

"Does she work?" She started from the more minor details.

"Yes, she's a manager at Burger Planet. She's also studying nursing and teaches singing." His mind ran back to when he saw her diffusing a situation with the male Karen. Anushka (it feels so odd calling them  Anushka and Virat...I'm soooo not used to it) noticed his expressions softening as he took a break.

"Describe her looks." Shubman didn't have to think about it.

"She is absolutely beautiful. Has a small face with a sharp jawline, a small nose, big eyes. Her eyes usually become tiny when she smiles because her cheeks cover them." His smile grew...but when he realised he had smiled. He stopped. "Her hair goes halfway down to her waist and it's very straight. She almost never wears anything that shows skin lower than her neck. She looks like the epitome of innocence..." his face dropped at the last sentence. He was so sure that she wouldn't ever hurt him since she was so innocent...but how wrong he was.

"Describe her personality. Ishan ki baat mat sun, tujhe pehle kya laga tha?" He thought back to his first impression of her.

"I thought she was a very strong woman, independent, an introvert, who tries her best to make sure the people around her don't ever feel uncomfortable. She cared for those younger and respected those older than her." Anushka nodded.