~TWO~

2 days later

"Hello. Burger Planet, How may I help you?" I asked into the store phone. I took down the order and let the people at the back know of the extra information.

It was a Saturday and I was at work...dead. But there was one good thing...I was going to watch the match tomorrow. India vs Australia one day match. I had a day off and I would have the most fun possible.

I went through the day with a smile on my face. Greeting everyone who came along with a grin.

"Akanksha. Tu ek second yaha aa sakti hai? Burger assemble karne me help kar na." One of the people I worked with was Indian and like a brother to me. Kushal Siddharth Gupta. At times when Mannata and I couldn't take care of Chitra, he took care of her for me. He himself had a 3 year old son.

"Aa rhi hu." I left the front in charge of another one of my workers, she was only 15. She just started a few months ago. Her name was Iris Vaughn. She was a sweet and innocent kid. The heart of the store, no one could ever dislike her.

"Iris please take care of the coordination for a bit. I'll be back in a second...and as soon as you need help ask me." I walked to the kitchen and helped them prepare the burgers-

"No- Just call your manager please." I heard a man ask, not so politely. As soon as I heard, I walked out and stood next to Iris.

"What's up?" I asked her softly. She was probably stressed about this. She pulled her sleeves out to hide her hands in nervousness.

"Umm...he wanted a-" I realised how distressed she was so I just ran my hand on her head with a smile.

"Iris, could you please take the food to the tables? I'll take care of this..." I pushed her away before turning to face the man in front of me.

"Hello, I'm the manager. How may I help you today?" I smiled at him, although I knew he was going to be a pain in the ass.

"Hey. Oh, could I please use this voucher that gets me free chips with ribs?" He said it in the most pretentious voice, I was already annoyed. I kept my cool though.

"Could I please see the voucher?" He extended his phone towards me to show a voucher that clearly said it was only available until a week ago. I looked at him calmly.

"I'm sorry sir but this voucher isn't available anymore." I told him, extremely politely. He looked at me like I was an idiot. He sighed with a roll of his eyes. I still stood there calmly.

"Look, this voucher was still available on the app, that means you can still do it. I need this voucher no matter what. " His voice raised into a growl, I got on the till, logged onto my account and went to the screen with vouchers.

"Sir I can't possibly put in the voucher. I can't get it -" He cut me off with a shout. "You should know how to do this! You're the manager!" I just took a deep breath because I knew what was coming.

"I'm gonna put a complaint up if you don't put in my order right now." I went inside the manager's cabin to get a pen and a paper and came outside.

"What's your name!? Tell me your name and I'll-" I wrote my name in a paper with everything I said to him in order. I passed it to him.

"Here you go sir...Please read what the paper says out loud." I asked him with a cheerful smile.

"Go to the store website, go to customer help and press the complaint. Then type your complaint that Manager Akanksha Sehgal refused to give me free chips because she couldn't put the order into the till due to the voucher no longer being available-What the fuck is this?!" I showed him my badge to clarify that it was indeed me. I tilted my head innocently before writing another paper and giving it to him.