~THIRTY FOUR~

________________________________________________________________________________

It had been a week after no elimination (Idk what each of the rounds are called so...please bare with me also I won't use anyone from the season in here since it's not really about Indian idol.) Shubman's matches had started and they were against South Africa in South Africa. It had also been a while since she saw Chitra and her mother. She couldn't help feeling slightly lonely, despite talking to them every day. This many weeks in the show and the audition had only just aired. Over the span of the weeks, they had moved to a new house in Mohali. But Akanksha was stuck in a hotel all alone.

Well she did have her roommate, Dipali Gupta. She was someone Akanksha considered a real threat to actually becoming the Indian Idol. Of course she was scared of everyone else too, but Dipali...to her Dipali deserved it with how her journey there was. To Dipali singing was her only life line. Singing was what kept her alive throughout. Cancer first orphaned her and then tumour threatened to take her as well.

She sang and danced in a pub for money. But tumour took her limbs and also the only source of income for her, dance. So she had decided to audition for Indian Idol. She had to beg at the side of the road to get enough money to even travel. After all that, she had managed to finally enter Indian Idol. To her...her struggles were nothing at all compared to Dipali's, so at whatever cost she hoped Dipali would make it big. But she wouldn't do it at the expense of herself, at the expense of the people she loves who want her to win. So she would give it her all and hope for the best.

.

.

.

But she still felt lonely. She pouted at her phone waiting for someone to call her. Dipali was out on some errands so she felt rather bored and restless. She had practised singing her songs a lot so she had nothing to do now.

That's when she finally got a call, her mother of course.

"Hello, mumma?" She had pounced on the call, answering immediately.

"Kanna, zara darwaza kholna." "Huh?" She sprung to her feet, running to the door. Was it really happening? She opened the door to find her mother and Chitra on the floor.

"Mumma~!!" Chitra latched onto Akanksha since she hadn't seen Akanksha for so long. She pulled Chitra up in her arms. She held on tightly. "Aap dono yaha kaise?" Then out came, someone from behind her mother.

"Hello Akanksha." The great Ishan Kishan. "Hello bhai." She replied awkwardly. "Aap...Thank you ." She didn't know the right words, something that wouldn't sound rude so she stuck to thanking him for bringing her family to Mumbai.

"Akanksha I'm sorry." He held his ears guiltily. Her mother gave them space by walking into the room instead. Akanksha told Chitra to go to her mother and closed the door behind her.

"Akanksha woh...tumhe Shub ki ex ke bareme pata hai na?" Akanksha nodded. "Tab se I don't really trust anyone with him. Uss ladki ne bohot hurt kiya tha usse. Aur ussne hume kuch bataya bhi nhi. Dar rha tha hum uska mazak udayenge. Aur phir kuch mahine baad tum aayi. I never saw him be so happy, so mujhe laga tum dono...maybe you're the right choice. Before you ghosted him." She felt her heart clench at the time where she'd hurt him so badly...despite him doing everything to make her comfortable and happy. But that wasn't the point. 

"Akanksha Shub ki haalat Ayana se breakup ke baad jitni buri thi...usse bohot zyada tumhare usse na bolne se tha." She always understood where he came from but it was wrong. It was her life he had forcefully entered, leaving her vulnerable.

"Bhai mujhe pata hai aapne aisa kyu kiya...par problem ye nhi hai. Shubh aapka jitna bhi accha dost ho, no matter what the situations are, aapko koi haq nhi hai usske personal life me dakhal dene ki. I, am his personal life. I'm sorry mai bohot rudely baat kar rhi hu na?" He had come across many introverts who would just accept the apology and be a pushover but here she was holding a grudge and for the right reason too. He couldn't possibly say anything to her.

He just shook his head, "Life mai kuch bhi ho rha ho, I am Shub's girlfriend, usko bhi aise mere ghar me aake search karne ka haq nhi hai, bhai aap toh equation mai hai bhi nhi. I'm so sorry, lekin mai aapko maaf nhi kar sakti." She sounded so genuinely sorry about not forgiving him. He laughed it off.

"Tum pehli aaisi insan ho jo, maafi na dene k liye maafi maang rhi ho." She chuckled softly. "Chalo koi nhi, tum aunty aur Chia k sath raho mai abhi k liye chalta hu-"

"Are maaf nhi karungi bola hai, baat nhi karungi nhi. Andar aaiye na aap. Kuch banati hu mai." She gave him a sweet smile. "Bas iss baar kuch mat kholna..." She teased him.

Ishan stared, astonished. What kind of a woman was she? Kabhi mata ka bukhar chadh jata hai kabhi sati savitri...

He laughed, shaking his head and entered behind her, "Accha bhai?" "Hmm?" He replied.

"Shub aapse acche se toh baat kar rha hai na? Kaafi pissed off tha Australia mai..." She guided him to where her mother was.

"Are kaha, woh bhi mujhse baat nhi karna chahta. I mean...sahi toh hai par hurt hota hai." She made a note in her head to talk to Shubman about it. But for the time the four had together, they made the most of it. Akanksha even got pretty close to Ishan...except she made sure to let him know that she'd never let him forget about what he'd done.

________________________________________________________________________________

Chill I'm not ruining IshMan...my lifeline <33333