~SIX~

I have most the story as drafts so I'll publish it maybe every week unless my impatience is too much...which most the time it is 😅 so...here's another. And like always, please comment and star it if you like it 😙😙

________________________________________________________________________________

Shubman woke up to his alarm and so did the other two in the room.

Shubman pulled his phone to his face to open the lock...only for his face to light up immediately. He had fallen asleep with Akanksha's photo on his phone, so as soon as the lock opened, her face was the first thing he saw.

"Yaar, Isse kya hua?" Rishabh asked, nudging the slightly asleep keeper number two.

"Mahashay ko pyaar ka bhoot chada hai. Bolta hai bhabhi ji ka chehra unhe patane ke baad dikhayega." Ishan mocked. Rishabh laughed quietly before inching closer to Shubman who was too busy on his phone, looking at her and daydreaming.

Rishabh looked at Akanksha's photo over Shubh's shoulder. He could tell from her face that she couldn't have been older than 22-23. But her eyes gave the effect that she may have been much older. Likely in her late 20s. She looked as though she held all the answers in the world. Although to him Isha and his loved ones were the most beautiful, he couldn't refuse the fact that in the sense of looks, Shubman did have taste.

"Shub, bhabhi toh bohot sundar hai-'' Rishabh snatched the phone from Shubman's hand, passing it onto Ishan who finally saw her. Shubman jumped from his bed shouting.

"Abbey saloon mujhe mera phone wapis do!!" They shook their heads. Rishu held onto Shubman while Ishaan got a good look at Akanksha.

"Hai toh bohot sundar...waise teri godh mai ye bacchi kiski hai?" Shubman pulled his arm forward, breaking free from the grip. He lunged forward grabbing his phone back.

"Shayad bhabhi ki niece ho? Ya aisa kuch." Shubman looked away as the two other boys discussed Chitra.

"Chitra, woh uski beti hai-" "HUH!?" "WHAT!!?" The boys gaped at Shubman. They couldn't believe their ears so they looked at each other to confirm whether they heard it right or not.

"Shayad maine galat suna hoga, mujhe laga tune bola woh bhabhi ki beti hai. Haha." Rishabh laughed sheepishly. Ishan nodded his head.

"Hahah haan mujhe bhi wohi laga." He laughed or rather tried to.

"Tum dono ne sahi suna. Akanksha, has a daughter?" Rishabh and Ishan had no words, they moved their mouths trying to get words but nothing escaped their mouths.

"So you like a married woman???" Rishabh asked, punching Shubman's arm.

"No, she isn't married. And I don't think she's her biological daughter. Agar hoti tab bhi I would still like her." Shubman grabbed his towel and clothes and walked into the bathroom.

"But their faces match though." Rishabh said while Ishan still hadn't said anything.

"Yaar, I want to support him ...but log kya kahenge? Shub ka toh mazak banjayega na? Aur Keart aunty kya sochengi?" Ishan face palmed again and again thinking 'Haye re meri futi kismat.'

"Koi nhi yaar, jab time aayega mana lenge, if she's a good person, waise bhi aunty maan jayengi." Ishan and Rishabh glanced at each other with a sigh.

"Let's hope Akanksha isn't like..." Ishan paused. "Chal hum bhi ready ho jate hai."

____________________________

The match was yet to start when Akanksha found her way to her seat along with Kushal, his wife Divya and his son Aarav who was asleep. Chitra played with Akanksha's cap, Chitra made sure to make small dents onto the caps from chewing. She went on muttering small sounds like 'Gaga~~ baba~~'

"Kannu bade din ho gaye tujhe dekhe. Kaha thi?" Divya asked as Akanksha sat on Divya's right with Chitra in her arms.

"Are woh, bhabhi bas bohot zyada assignments the toh...I was busy. Kuch aur karne ka time hi nhi mila." She rocked Chitra in her arms. Kushal popped his head from next to Divya.

"Agar itna zyada assignments tha toh, why were you so happy yesterday?" His eyes raised suggestively asking me about a guy if there was one.

"Kya bhai, ek ladki khush bhi nhi ho sakti?" Kushal and Divya both shook their heads.

"Bilkul nhi-" Kushal said when his wife cut him off. "Koi special birthday gift mila kya tujhe?" Kushal's jaw dropped. He had completely forgotten it was Akanksha's Birthday.

"Kannu kal tera birthday tha?" She gave him a sarcastic smile, almost asking him 'what do you think?'

"Oh no yaar, mai toh bhool hi gya. Happy birthday?" He said sheepishly. Akanksha rolled her eyes, playing with her baby.

"Wo sab choro, wo special birthday gift kya tha?" Divya asked, nudging Akanksha. She looked away shyly before revealing it.

"Actually, I saw Shubman Gill yesterday. In store. Maine uska order liya tha. And just, I met him." She did a silent fangirl cheer with a massive grin. Chitra squealed, accompanying her mother in her excitement.

"Nhi, mai nhi manta. Agar aaya tha toh mujse kyu nhi milaya tune?" Kushal glared at Akanksha and Chitra glared back for her mother.

"Mujhe laga wo busy tha toh maine khud bhi photo ya autograph k liye nhi poocha." The couple stared at her with a side eye.

"Kuch bhi." "Mai nhi maanti." They highly doubted that she had met the Indian opener.

"Are yaar, sacchi." Akanksha tried to argue but they didn't believe her.

"Hmm~" Chitra agreed, nodding to Akanksha's story. "Haan, Chia bhi thi mere sath. Actually we talked for a bit after my shift." She looked towards Chitra hoping to get an answer from the toddler. She nodded as if she understood what was being asked.

"Haan haan, maan gye hum." They made faces, looking away at the beautiful ground of Optus Stadium. So green as if it had been dyed. The whole stadium was completely filled even if the match hadn't started yet.

(I actually took this photo of Optus last year T20 world cup the same day India VS South Africa happened

(I actually took this photo of Optus last year T20 world cup the same day India VS South Africa happened...I locked myself in my bathroom when both SKY and VK got out...literally depressed. It's funny how there was just one SA fan in the middle of so many India fans and he was the only person to walk out happy...UHHHH.)

"Dekhna jab mai Chia ko Shubman ka photo dikhaungi na tab wo pehchan jayegi." Akanksha pulled out a photo of Shubman, she took special care in finding it. She looked through all the photos trying to find the photo where he looked best. She got stuck on three to four photos about which one to show Chitra. She hoped that Chitra would see the best of him.

"Chia ye dekho ye kon hai? Hum kal mile the." Chitra stared at the photo with wide eyes and giggled immediately pointing at him and poking his dimples.

"Papa~~~"

________________________________________________________________________________