~NINE~

Here's the second one of the dayyyy~~~
________________________________________________________________________________

"Uh...am I walking in on something?" The two looked back to see a hooded figure standing right in front of the light.

Akanksha squinted her eyes to be able to see better. She barely made out the eyes that looked rather familiar.

"Oh...I'm sorry." He tried to leave immediately when Akanksha recognised the voice.

"Aap yaha?" She turned to look at Kushal with a secure nod. "Bhai aap bhabhi k sath jao mai baad mai chali jaungi."

Kushal shook his head and stood guard. "Kannu, mai tujhe aise hi raat mai kisi ladke ke sath nhi chod sakta. Mujhe safe nhi lagta." Akanksha scratched her head not knowing what to say. She looked up at the guy who seemed relieved. He pulled his mask down, revealing the beautiful smile of his along with those dimples.

"Hello." He said looking between Kushal and Akanksha. Kushal's face went pale before going bright red from excitement.

"Shub-shub-shubman- Gill?" He choked out as he stared at the said cricketer. While the said cricketer instead had his eyes on the girl. 

"Hello." He said once again with a grin. Akanksha chuckled at Kushal's reaction.

"Aap yaha kaise?" She asked Shubman shyly. Kushal was still taking in the fact that Shubman Gill stood in front of him.

"Are kya farak padta hai, ye yaha kyu hai? Hai toh accha hai na? Shubman ji? Kya ek autograph mil sakta hai?? Nhi, ek photo? Please?" Kushal brought his phone out and Shubman nodded.

He raised the phone over their heads to take a photo, Kushal stood to Shubman's right as he clicked the photo. Kushal realised that Akanksha had moved away while they took the photo.

"Kannu tu bhi aja na, waha kya khadi hai." He pulled Akanksha to stand next to Shubman for the photo. To make sure she was included in the photo, Shubman framed his arms around her but made sure he didn't touch her. He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable. Kushal took about two more photos before slipping his phone into his pocket.

"Waise, Shubman ji-" Kushal began to say but Shubman interrupted him.

"Are ji mat boliye please, aap mujse bade hai." He pleaded. Kushal nodded with a smile, and his respect for those older than him caused Akanksha to smile as well.

"Accha, Shubman, congratulations for your amazing innings."  Shubman thanked him humbly and watched the river flow past them.

"Kannu, agar tujhe aur rukna hai toh, Chia ko hum le jate hai. Waise bhi kal hum dekh rhe hai Chia ko." Akanksha nodded and tried to pass Chitra onto Kushal. And in the process she woke up, stirring in her sleep, she slowly opened her eyes to see three adults in front of her. Her mother who was trying to pass her onto her supposed uncle, and the third...

"Papa?" She tilted her head when she recognised him.

"No Chia, papa nhi." Akanksha tried to make her stop as she awkwardly smiled at Shubman. Shubman smiled at her and then down at Chitra.

"Hi baby~" He said once again, presenting them with his beautiful smile. Chitra squealed and tried to jump into his arms causing Akanksha to step closer to him so that Chitra didn't fall.

"I'm sorry, ye aapko pata nhi kyu papa bula rhi hai." Shubman shook his head saying he didn't mind it at all. Chitra clutched onto his hoodie as he wrapped his own arms around her. 

(Fun fact of the day - Shubman made her say it before and now she says it cuz she recognises him as papa.)

"Bhai ab ye aapke sath nhi aayegi, aap jao." Akanksha laughed when she saw how tightly she wrapped her arms around Shubman's neck. Her head rested on his shoulder as she babbled nonsense to him.

"Kamal hai bhai- accha mai jata hu. Aarav ko bhi neend aa rhi thi shayad." He waved a bye and left immediately.

Akanksha sat on one of the rocks next to the river, looking back and inviting Shubman to sit next to her. He smiled and nodded to her. He moved next to her and sat on the rock. For a few minutes they sat in silence with only Chitra filling Shubman in on her knowledge.

"Miss Sehgal, this is the second time, tumne promise kiya tha ki third time mujhe apna number dogi." Akanksha distanced her eyes from the view and towards Shubman, she didn't realise the look he had been giving her. The unwavering attention that didn't compare even to the attention she gave the amazing view that could be seen from there.

"A-aap bhool rhe hai, time spend bhi karna hota hai, bas do baar dekh lene se kaam nhi ban jayega." She looked down at Chitra who seemed to be falling asleep once again, her beanie had begun to slip off and she feared Chitra might catch a cold. She leaned forward, extending her hand to cover Chitra's ears. She didn't realise how close she was to Shubman...not until she looked up to see his face right in front of her. She almost forgot to breathe with the way his eyes pierced into her skin. She didn't remember ever seeing anyone make a face like that, not to her anyways. For a second she didn't understand what to do, she froze as her lips dropped the smile they held. Her breaths became heavier in his presence. Chitra stirred in her sleep, snapping the two adults out of each other's gaze. Akanksha averted her eyes shyly. Shubman couldn't help following her gaze with the grace they held. But he too looked away, he didn't want to make it awkward.

"Ahem...aap-" "Please, aap mat bolna." She nodded, tucking away the stray hair on her face.

"Tumne aaj bohot acche se khela. The whole of India is proud of you." He didn't look away giving her the same look as before.

"Accha? Aur tum?" She tilted her head in confusion. "Are you proud of me?"

________________________________________________________________________________