~TWENTY THREE~

Haha I was just jokinggggggg~ (pasta's voice)
Here's the next update 🤣

________________________________________________________________________________

Shubman glared at Ishan while he passed a shameful glance towards Akanksha. He had no excuse for Ishan's behaviour. Akanksha shook her head in a forgiving manner.

"Koi baat nhi..." She bent down to pick them up. Ishan's eyes darted towards the photo of her with a man, he looked much older than her. They were hugging where it looked like an airport. She wiped the dust on the photo with her tshirt. She had a soft smile on her face remembering the time. Ishan didn't know how to react...she showed such emotions openly, as if she had nothing to hide.

"Ye tumhare saath kon hai?" His words came out harsher than he had meant to

"Mere bhaiya." She looked up at him with pride, as if his harsh tone didn't affect her at all. Ishan gave her a look as if he didn't believe her. And he didn't.

(Hah jokes on whoever thought the man in the photo was her ex!!!)

"Tumhare bade bhai hai?" Shubman asked her with confusion. She never once talked about a brother so he had no idea she even had one.

She nodded, smiling, "The...2 the actually." Her eyes stared at the photo longingly.

"The- the matlab?" She didn't reply to it directly, just pulled out an album. She dusted it. Rishabh kneeled on the floor helping her collect the photos from the floor. He tried to place it back in the cupboard without looking at it, "Bhai aap wahi rakh do. Bade din hogye photos dekhe." She replied. Rishabh did as asked and walked back to take a seat on the couch. Chitra went and sat next to him. Shubman just stood where he was, and so did Ishan. He didn't believe that he was her brother.

"Bhai, aur photos dekhoge?" She asked Ishan, but he didn't reply. He arrogantly stood there waiting for her to prove it. She placed all the photos on the glass tea table in front of Rishabh. Allowing him to see it as well.

She pulled up the picture of her eldest brother smiling cheekily as he held a baby Akanksha in his arms. He looked as if they were about to cry.

She pulled out another photo of her eldest brother carrying her on his shoulders while her second brother said something from beside them

"Ye rahe mere bhaiya, Aakash Seghal and Avinash Seghal, mere sabse bade bhaiya

"Ye rahe mere bhaiya, Aakash Seghal and Avinash Seghal, mere sabse bade bhaiya." She looked at the three guys in the room who stared at her as if they just swallowed lemon. They looked like they wanted to ask so many things but they couldn't bring themselves to ask. Ishan felt guilty for thinking she cheated but he still felt unsatisfied with the way she ghosted him before. They may have come to terms with it but he hadn't. He still felt she was wrong and he didn't think he would ever be okay with it.

Rishabh looked through the photos as many questions came to his mind but he didn't dare ask. Not until she explicitly said so, "Bhai aapko kuch poochna hai toh pooch lo. Sab batati hu."

Rishabh had so many questions but one particular question he was more curious about than the others, "Akanksha tumhare papa nhi dikhai de rhe photos mai." It was an indirect question...Akanksha's eyes widened. "Are bhai mujhe toh laga tha aap Chia k bareme puchte. Aap toh sidhee flashbacks par pohoch gye..."Akanksha tried to make a joke that failed.

So she sighed, "Papa ko beti nhi chaiye tha, aur mumma mujhe chodna nhi chahti thi toh papa kisi aur k sath chale gye. Ghar chod ke. Unhone bhaiya ko bhi poocha janeko lekin woh nhi gye." Shubman sat next to Akanksha immediately bringing her hand into his. Chitra sat there quietly, listening to everything even though she didn't really understand all of it.

"Why did you ghost Shub?" Akanksha turned to face Shubman, answering honestly. "Abandonment issues bhai, I was- I'm still scared Shubman will just up and leave someday and I'll just break. And I don't trust any guy around Chia, not really. To be completely honest I don't even trust Shub if I'm not with her." Ishan didn't stop, he stepped forward in annoyance. "Oh so tumhare khud ke issues k liye tumne Shubh ko abandon kiya-"

"Ishan!" Both Rishabh and Shubman shouted at him. He ignored them. "Aur kya matlab Chia k liye? Because of your issues you were gonna deprive her of a father- '' Rishabh took the initiative to punch the daylights out of Ishan. "Ab chup reh tu. Obviously she's got shit going on. Tujhe aur badhane ki zarurat nhi hai-"

"When I was 7 mumma got remarried..."

________________________________________________________________________________

Okok ig it's almost time to know about her life ;)