~Forty Three~

Ooooo 2 more chapters after this one...and they're kinda more of an epilogue so....

________________________________________________________________________________

She got to the match a few minutes before it started. So she made her way to where Natasa said she would be.

Shubman on the other hand kept glancing her way. He needed to see her there. As more time passed he became more anxious. It was noticed by everyone in the team.

Wriddiman Saha approached him, "Shub, Akanksha ko kuch nhi hoga." He patted Shubman's head reassuringly. But he couldn't help the increasing discomfort when he saw her seat empty and the stadium's loud atmosphere didn't help in calming his erratic heart rate.

And then he saw her...she was too far for him to see exactly what she wore, but he could roughly make out her smile.

"Kuch nhi hua usse." He smiled at Wriddiman but looked back up once again to see her blowing him a kiss. The camera followed the scene carefully showing each of their reactions. It panned to Shubman who smiled softly at her before skipping to the pitch.

Natasa sat beside Akanksha. She had a guilty look on her face as she looked at Akanksha.

"Hey," She said to Akanksha who replied politely to both Ritika and Natasa. "I'm sorry." She apologised. Akanksha gave her a confused look.

"I was the one who...called Shub about the trolling. I- I was really worried about you two so..."Akanksha just smiled. "It's okay bhabhi, he would've found out somehow anyway."

__________________

Throughout the game, Shubman looked like he was so full of anger. Rarely smiling even when he reached his 50. But even then, Akanksha cheered at his every four or six. And then he was on 99...Akanksha's heart throbbed in anticipation. He needed that 100 and more. 

.

.

.

And he did it. 100 in 48 balls. He jumped high into the air finally smiling. He kissed his bat and pointed it at Akanksha who cheered loudly for him. And despite the roaring of the crowd...it was her voice he wanted to hear. It was for her that he smiled. The camera man pointed the camera at Akanksha whose eyes reflected love. Her eyes shone brightly while she slightly covered her lips. She was so proud of him, you could see it in her eyes. He took a bow while still looking at her. Akanksha clapped with all her strength.

He was going so well...so very well...until

"GILL HAD FOUND THE FIELDER!!" Akanksha's heart dropped as the ball settled within Tim David's hands. He kicked something on the field before walking back to the dugout. Everyone rose to applaud his fantastic innings. And yet no one could feel how Akanksha felt when she saw one of his greatest innings. The second innings ended with MI getting all out and GT winning. Shubman was given the player of the match award. He hated how he couldn't do anything against the trolling and was only expected to play the match like he always does without the care of the world when he's sure there's more horrible comments piling up.

He walked back to the dressing room, his head down low. He just wanted to see Akanksha again, he just wanted to be with her, he wanted to ignore everything that was going on. Every single comment he'd managed to read. So as soon as he was done changing, he ran for her. Where she said she would meet him.

Then he saw her...she wore the jersey with his name and number. The jersey looked perfect on her in his eyes...specially the word Gill on her. While she looked at her phone he sneaked up behind her hugging her around her waist and placing his chin on her head.

She looked up to make eye contact, and smiled. Shubman felt a sudden flurry in his stomach. Without realising he had forgotten all the worry and overthinking he had in his head as he looked at the woman he's given his heart to.

"The whole of India is proud of you Shubi. Sab kitni tarref kar rhe hai tumhari." She showed him a few selected comments with the biggest grin.

"Aur tum?" He asked sweetly. She turned around to hug him back. "I will never not be proud of you."

He kissed her forehead with so much love like he always does, filling her with immense joy.

"Shubi...tum ab bhi upset ho?" She was careful not to mention anything that could cause him any distress but he shook his head. To him everything was alright as long as she was beside him and perfectly alright.

"Ye dekho. Mujhe aaj abhi abhi kisi fan ne message kiya hai-" "Akanksha kyu dekhti ho ye sab? Phir wo kuch ulta seedha kahenge aur firse-" "Shub...dekhlo ek baar." She passed her phone to him with a reassuring smile.

The message read, "Akanksha ma'am, Shubman sir, many many congratulations on your relationship. I think you two look perfect together," Shubman smiled reading that. "I know aap log bohot hi mushkil period se guzar rhe hai...ye itne sare trolls and all. But I just wanted to tell you that the people trolling you are only about 1% of Indians, just open the replies once for the comments and see how they respect you. Those that wrote such things didn't even look at the picture. Agar dekha hota toh pata chalta true love and respect kya hota hai. So I hope aap dono ki relationship bhagwan humesa salamat rakhe. Aur Sir ko please bol dijiye ki 99% Indians unke saath hai. With all the respect. We trust him to play for the country and be the best for the country. Ek baat please yaad rakhiye, ye waqt bhi guzar jayega. With lots of love." Shubman didn't even realise what burden he felt in his heart until he read that. The lightness he felt in his chest when he read the sweet words.

"Waise Akanksha~ Tumhe pata toh hai na...?" Akanksha avoided his eyes, shyly asking, "Kya?"

"You can't get messages from fans..." Her eyes widened. "I can't?"

"You can't." He smiled.

"Oh..." She said sheepishly. It had been a message she had typed herself after finally managing to make a fake account. She had hoped someone would send a message to him or her with encouragement. But when no one sent her anything she resorted to writing one herself. Well now she knows why no message came through. (I don't know how it works so just for the plot's sake go along with it...)

Shubman laughed and pulled her in for a hug. Oh how much he loved her and the things she did to make him happy. He couldn't imagine himself with anyone better. Because there is no one better.

"Hotel wapis chale?"

________________________________________________________________________________

Here's another reward <33