Trust Who?

Trust Who?

|20|

Kalíanna

The tension in the room spoke for itself.

The feeling of betrayal settled in the pit of my stomach like a weighted anchor in the bottom of the ocean. I simply shake my head in disbelief. Why would she try to steal my phone? That makes no sense. It isn't even the latest model.

If yuh ago teef atleast be ambitious nuh girl

Speaking of ambition, Renée wasn't well off but she wasn't in any position to be stealing either. Especially, not from a friend who would give her anything, all she had to do was ask.

Everyone was silently waiting to see what I would do, or say. Maybe they were waiting for me to get upset and go off. But it wasn't in me at the moment.

"Just leave." I muttered.

She moved towards the side table that was stationed by the door, she placed my phone down, before turning on her heels and towards the door again. But she pauses for a second to glance back at me.

"Yuh nuh trust mi?" Her eyes bore mine and I don't falter. I forced down the question that daunted me Why? She's my friend-was my friend, atleast-the remorse was there, but I knew I owed her none.

"Trust who?" I let out a bitter laugh.

Trust was a two way street. How you alternated it could be a valueable weapon, but you should also prepare yourself for the day that, that weapon should ever be used against you. Even I who was as naïve as they came, understood that much.

"Girl gwan nuh man, before mi change mi mind and beat out yuh bloodcaat inna dis." Rihanna hisses.

She often joked in situations like this, but she wasn't making light of this one. She too-like everyone else in the room-was very serious.

Renée made her way through the door,
taking with her: our friendship.

"Wah just happen?" Dandre questions, with a quizzical expression on his face.

We all sat down relaying our own versions of what took place here a few moments prior.

Trying our best to piece together everything and maybe understand where things had went left.

We all came to a single conclusion, she was conniving.

Dutty bitch

It was getting late and my parents don't want to come home to see me and my friends gathered in their living room. So we called it a night.

The group slowly dispersed as we said our goodbyes.

Javier however, he didn't leave.

I know that he wanted to ensure my safety but this is the safest I'll ever be. I am in a gated community, the house has a surveillance system and I keep my old cricket bat under my bed.

If anything I'm more concerned for my well being when my father gets home and see him here.

In his house.