Just Us II

"Just Us"

Part II

|30|

Kalíanna

I stood in front of the mirror fixing my edges into small swoops as I spoke to Rihanna on the phone. My hair was still in a bun from my shower and I didn't bother taking it down. Music played quietly in the background from Javier's phone as he had a solo smoke session. I indulged now and then but I wasn't going to act like smoking was for me. Because it wasn't.

Besides, eh mek mi cough way too much.

"Yuh hear wah mi seh?" She asked, I could hear the mischief in her tone.

"No, a wah." She saw the pictures of us on my spam and she called to cuss me out for not inviting her.

"Uno know wah mek uno never want nobody go wid uno." I glanced at the camera and she kept on making suggestive gestures with her fingers. I watched as she made a hole and pushed her other finger through.

"Girl, bye." I laughed, trying to not be too loud.

I glanced at Javier.

I tried getting him to eat something before he started smoking but it was no use.

His eyes met mine through the mirror and it was as if he could hear me thinking about him.

"Come here." He then said, his voice low and commanding. The ghost of a smile on his lips made my insides turn. Dimples and all. His eyes a familar shade of red and I let out a sigh, deafeated. Would I ever learn to say no to him? One day, just not anytime soon.

"Mi soon call yuh back." With that I ended the call not even giving her the chance to respond.

Javier was the definition of a over-grown spoilt child. No one said no to him, they were probably scared of what would happen if they denied him. He wasn't above throwing a tantrum either.

For me personally, I found it just as hard as everyone else did.

Even more so because he is always very convincing.

Whether it was his calm tone or subtle smiles. There's always something reeling me in. Absently, I walk over to where he's seated on the bed. I observe him and the way he slips the freshly rolled spliff behind his ear, opening his arms to welcome me as I near him. His hands find the curve of my waist pulling me closer to him. I wrap my own arms around his neck.

His hands make their way further down.

"Yuh nuh know wah yuh want fi eat yet?" I question, to which he gave no answer. The house was stocked and I was willing to make something for us to eat but he was busy smoking and now? He's busy groping my ass.

Mi affi beg him fi eat?

I remove the spliff from behind his ear, quietly examining it.

"Would you stop smoking if I asked?" His moving hands came to a pause.

That got his attention.

His face contorted into a bewildered expression, he's behaving as if the proposal was of the highest degree of disrespect.

Thinking about it, to him it probably was.

But I can't help but think about his excessive consumption of drugs.

It's hardly healthy.

It wasn't easy watching him go down the drug-obsessed rabbit hole, the same hole he is yet to escape. What's even more scary is that I'm not sure he wants to anymore.