Fuckry

"Fuckry"

|17|

Kalíanna

"How would you know?" I inquired, looking at the deep dimpled smile etched on Javier's face. His chest shook with silent laughter and I couldn't help but smile.

He stood before me, a few feet away from where I sat on the edge of the pool. The water was a bit too cold for my liking so I only had my feet in the pool.
It wasn't the ideal day to go swimming, it was a bit chilly out here.

We both got up early this morning, we should have left a long time ago but for some reason neither of us has made any effort to go through the door.

I didn't mind but I was still conscious of the fact that he probably needs to get back to work. He has been taking calls all morning while, I did the complete opposite. I was avoiding my phone becuase my mother was the first to call and it would be in my best interest to get home before my father starts calling

Arielle helped me to come up with a lie but if I wasn't home soon, they'd grow suspicious. Especially, because Arielle and I didn't live that far from eachother.

Javier and I were outside because he insisted on taking a swim and I chose the lesser of two evils, which was the pool instead of the beach.

I watched as water dripped from his messy curls that slightly covered his face. I had helped him to take out his plaits this morning and since then he has left it disheveled. He wore only a pair of swimming shorts, leaving his tattooed chest bare.

I stared in sheer admiration, knowing that it wasn't often that I got to really talk and enjoy his company.

At times, all I received was the watered down, closed off version of the once care-free and jovial kid I knew from my childhood days.

"Nuh worry 'bout dat, man." He laughed.

We were reminiscing about simpler times.

Although, 'simpler' wouldn't be the correct terminology, because even then we had our fair share of turmoil.

What I meant was, everything that I experienced then was far more worthwhile compared to memories, now.

You know what I mean?

Maybe, it's the fact that I was younger and far less caring or maybe everything now, always seemed to have some hidden agenda.

"Well, she never like yuh." I teased him futher, acknowledging his prior statement.

I leaned back on my elbows as I lightly treaded the water with my feet. I pause for a second to catch sight of his reaction but he only laughed, not believing a word I had to say.

"Yah laugh fah?"

I had a neighbour that took a liking to Javier and he was boasting that he knew for a fact the girl was crushing on him.
I knew it too, more so because she had told me herself. But why would I feed his already growing ego?

"Yuh sick man."

"Swear, she did all seh yuh head did big." I remarked.

He ducked under the water in a swift motion and before I knew it, he grabbed ahold of my leg. "Javier-" The plea barely left my mouth and with one strong tug I was pulled into the deep water. My heart raced but I didn't have the chance to go into panic because his hands already circled my waist pulling me from under the water.

"Stop ramp wid mi." Water droplets rushed down my face clouding my vision. I used my free hand to wipe at my face while, I used the other to cling onto him.