Complicated

"Complicated"

|44|

Christian Stevenson

"We can't afford to start a war with them, Stevenson, c'mon you're smarter than that."

We have been back and forth for the past few minutes. I'm sick of the excuses. There was no sense of urgency anymore. They don't know the kind of position I was in, right now.

I shouldn't have to be on the down low, it has been weeks, it's been weeks now and yet nothing has been rectified.

It's like they've all gone soft.

I was starting to think I was the only one who has my head screwed on right.

I ran a hand over my face feeling even more frustrated than I had been these past few days.

He gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Don't give me that look." I pointed. He was damn near patronizing me. "We have to do something, this whole thing is getting out of fucking hand. He's getting out of hand." I gritted through clenched teeth.

When he told me that they had a meeting set up, I was expecting good news, not this.

"What do you expect us to do?"

I took a swig of my whiskey, trying my best to calm my nerves but it was a lost cause.

"When a dog has too much free reign, you tighten the leash, simple." I answered, slamming the bottle down on the table.

"No it's not that simple." He spat. "Santos is no fucking dog, Christian. He's a fucking hound from hell." He fired back and it was as if he, himself believed that this boy was to be feared.

"He's a boy." I yelled. "Tell me. . .where does your loyalty lie, Charles? Hmm?"
I was starting to question who's side he was on. He was giving me a hard time.

All I'd ask for was his support.

"This isn't about loyalty anymore. If I have to jump ships. . .I won't be on the one that's sinking. Have a good rest of your night."

He gets up and walks through the door.

Fuck

Kalíanna

|44|

"Mek mi help yuh."

I was struggling to unstrap my heels, it wasn't that hard a task I just felt drained and it was as if everything was against me in this god forsaken place. Just come the fuck off. I ignored his offer, still trying to loosen the straps myself.

He's done more than enough for the night. In fact, my mother hasn't allowed either of us to forget just how brave and great he was.

Bitch please, Javier was no savior and he wasn't a fucking saint, either.

"Chro." I grumbled, trying to kick the shoes off my feet instead.

"Mek mi help yuh, nuh-"

"Mi good." I didn't mean to raise my voice but it was best he just let me be.

I was seconds away from having a mental breakdown.

"Javier." My mother called, coming back from the kicthen with a bottle of wine in one hand and two glasses in the next. Her red lips in an outstretched grin.