One Shot

"One Shot"

|34|

Kalíanna

Javier's ringtone blares through the quiet kitchen. I watch as he takes the phone from his pocket, glancing down at the screen in pure annoyance. He breathes a frustrated sigh, hissing his teeth."One a yuh gyal dem a call yuh?" I asked jokingly.

The phone was still ringing and he was watching it ring.

"Yeah, mi did tell har seh a she next." He smirked, finally putting the phone to his ear before wandering out of the kicthen. I admired his tattooed back as he retreated.

Him swear him funny

I fill the pot I was holding with water before placing it on the stove to boil. I was hungry but I also wasn't in the mood for anything much. These noodles will have to do. I catch sight of the indentations on my wrists for the hundredth time tonight, and like every other time. . .I couldn't help but smile.

Speaking of which, I need to take a trip to the pharmacy. I make a mental note to do it early tomorrow, no later.

Despite my recklessness, I truly had no intention of getting pregnant. Javier know mi will kill him and the pickney. I laugh to myself but it wasn't funny and I wasn't necessarily joking.

Javier returns from his phone call with his laptop in hand. He rests both of the devices on the island before coming over to where I was currently standing.

"Want noodles?" I begin emptying two packs of Ramen into the pot of boiling water before I get distracted by him. It was so easy to abandon what I was doing on his accord.

His hands circled my waist and I relax into his arms. His lips graze my ear as he speaks. "After man just give yuh eh fuck a yuh life, yah offer mi noodles?"
I look up at him, more specifically his neck that was littered with an assortment of hickies.

Even after we were done with our shower, we weren't quite able to keep our hands to ourselves.

"Bold assumption." I teased, trying not to laugh.

"Kalíanna?" My mother's voice called from the hallway followed by the sound of her heels clicking against the tiles. I could tell that she was coming straight for the kicthen. I shrug off Javier's hands, pushing him away to put some space between us.

I busy myself with stirring the pot of noodles.

"I've been calling you for the past hour."  She walks into the kicthen looking between the both of us. Her hair was caught neatly to the back in a tight ponytail that made her piercing brown eyes stand out, it was intimidating.

She gave me a less than impressed look and I almost cower and hide.

She was dressed to go out but I could tell she wasn't going to the office.

"Sorry, I must have been asleep." I lied. I admit it wasn't the most creative answer but it was something atleast.

The water from the pot splashes onto my hand causing me to wince. I withheld the string of cursewords that threatened to leave my mouth.

Like God himself a punish mi fi deh one deh

Javier lets out a low laugh evidently finding my discomfort funny. I throw him glare before turning my attention back to my mother.

"Where are you going?" I ask, changing the topic.

"Banquet, I don't know what time I'll be back. . .are you guys staying here alone?" I could hear the suspicion in her tone. She wouldn't allow it to happen.