Unfair Games II

Unfair Games

Part II

|41|

Kalíanna

"Try call him, again." Arielle suggested, she was only trying to help ease my worries because I was slowly killing the mood. Instead of watching the show that was on screen, I now caught up trying to reach, Javier.

This whole situation was rubbing me the wrong way. Why haven't he called all day? I tried pretending I was fine with it. Matter of fact, I might have convinced myself that I really was ok with it, atleast for the first few hours but all of that was now gone.

I lied and most of all, I was lying to myself because us spending time apart wasn't a good thing. It couldn't be. . .not when it made me this delirious.

A million possibilities ran through my mind and I pray to God that I'm wrong for the life of us both.

I know how this goes though, once the over thinking starts its like a river over flowing its banks and destroying everything in its wake, there was simply no stopping it. It had to run its course.

My irritation only grew by the second, the automated voice plays again, letting me know I've reached voicemail.

I should just stop trying. If he wanted to pick up then he would have by now.

Arielle got off the phone with Dandre, not long ago and he hadn't been of any help.

"Him woulda' dead if him ansa the fucking phone. . .Supposed sumn' wrong?" I huffed, tossing my phone beside me on the couch.

"Nut'n nuh do him, Dandre did sound too relaxed." Rihanna chimed. That was true, but he also didn't mention if he had seen him at all. When Arielle asked, he only diverted from the question.

"A true eno. . ." The realization had hit us all at the same time. Of course, there was nothing seriously wrong. Dandre would have been the first person to react callously.

"Mi personally will find dem tonight." Arielle was on her feet and I laughed thinking she was joking at first, but she was being serious. "Dem feel dem can use dem bird brain, pon' nobody? Pass mi phone gimmie." Rihanna passed her phone to her, she seemed to be enjoying every minute of this chaos. Typical Rihanna.

"Hope dem an', dem gyal dem bulletproof." Arielle whispered under her breath still scrolling through her phone, frantically.

A series of random sounds play as she skips through people's stories on Instagram, I presume.

After a while, she paused.

"Yah see dis?" She asked, first turning the phone to Rihanna.

"A must joke this." Rihanna exclaimed and I straightened my spine, now eager to see it myself. She wore a shocked expression, she didn't crack a smile or even a laugh.

"Dis nah go work a bloodclaat." Arielle reached for her other phone and started dialing someone's number.

"Wah happen?" I asked, gauging both of their reactions, it couldn't have been good.

Wah eye nuh see. . .heart nuh leap

Good ting my heart already deh leap.

Curiosity will have to kill this cat

"Wah happen?" I pressed, again. Arielle ended the call, having not gotten an answer. They both looked at me with their mouths sealed shut, seemingly indecisive about telling me about it or not. I definetly wanted to see it now more than ever.