The Big Day II

"The Big Day"

Part II

|22|

Kalíanna

I played the events of earlier in my mind, again and again. Still high on the aching feeling, that hasn't subsided. Receiving a small taste, only left me wanting more. I wasn't sure how far I was willing to go but that didn't matter in this moment. . .not tonight, atleast.

Javier was the complete opposite, he sat surrounded by a cloud of his own smoke, he seemed calm and collected—I mean he always is—as if whatever took place just now, hadn't phased him.

Honestly, I was more conscious than not.

I loved the feeling of letting go and just succumbing to my own desires. In a room full of people, the fear of lurking eyes didn't matter, I wasn't ridden with anxiety—just never have a bloodclaat care inna eh world.

And guess what? I liked it.

Infact, I enjoyed it more than I'd like to admit.

I feel his eyes on me as I stare ahead, watching as the water in the fountain trickled rhythmically.

When I have my own home someday, it will have the biggest fountain with the brightest of lights.

Thoughts of the future were as frightening, as they were comforting.

We sat in silence as I awaited his 'surprise'.

I'm starting to think it was just a ploy to get me out of the house to clear my mind and if that's the case, no justice was served.

"Yuh still vex?" He asked, exhaling a cloud of smoke.

"No." It wasn't entirely a lie.

"Wah we a wait pon?" I asked, growing impatient. Out here is a bit chilly. I was starting to feel a bit under-dressed.

The anxiety of what it might be is killing me.

"Have some patience." That was rich coming from him of all persons. He flicked his lighter twice, igniting its flame before bring it to his lips to light his blunt.

"Him soon fawud." He assured me.

Him, who?

"Unless, yuh want mi occupy yuh time." His voice was barely audible.

"Stop talk to mi like that, Javier." I responded, fighting the urge to smile.

"Yuh cya draw mi out—again." I said, placing emphasis on the last part.

He let's out a husky chuckle.

He knew just how much of an effect, he had on me.

His hand takes ahold of my arm and I try to brush it off, but he is far more stronger than I am. He pulled me closer to him with ease. The familiar scent of cologne and weed is extremely consuming. . .comforting even.

The warmth of his breath, caressed my skin as he spoke.

"Want seh dat again?" He urged.

I didn't have to see his face to know that he wore a devious smile. I could tell by the sublte graze of his lips on the skin of my neck, as he held me close to him.