Girls Day

"Girls Day"

|28|

Kalíanna

"Uno plan fi stay inna eh house all day?" My mother barged into my room at the top of her voice, might I add. She moved over to the windows, opening the curtains and letting in an unwelcomed amount of light.

Why, just why?

I groaned taking up my phone, realizing that it was now 11:12 a.m.

"Uno get up man." She begins clapping her hands creating even more noise.

Jesus

I got up and Arielle and Rihanna were also awoken by the commotion she was causing.

We pulled an all nighter last night, of course we were tired. Our night consisted of us binge watching movies, baking, eating and stiring up trouble.

"I have to leave now for work, breakfast is downstairs. Call me if you girls need anything and no one comes over while I'm gone. Get up out of the bed, it's not a good look!" Her heels click on her way out and we all just stare in both confusion and annoyance.

My mother was certainly a different person when my father wasn't around, it made me wonder which was the real version of her.

For one, she had never been concerned with making me breakfast. . .for herself and her husband's sake, sure. But never for me.

Yet, here she was vying for the mother of the year award catering to me and my friends. That's certainly new.

Last night as we engaged in our festivities she even came to check up on us. . .shocking, I know.

It was hard to say if their separation was permanent or not. But I know that it was for the better. I can proudly say that I'm somewhat more comfortable in this house now that's he is gone. It was only a matter of time before my mother realizes she's better off without the bastard of a man.

The girls and I got ourselves up and ready for the day as my mother had suggested.

After breakfast we decided that it was a good idea to go to the beach to relax and do some work.

I look at myself in the mirror admiring the way this swimsuit hugged my body. I brought my braids into a quick ponytail before fixing my edges and applying some lipgloss. . .nothing heavy.

"Should I bring this purse or the tote?" I turned to Rihanna and Arielle asking their opinions. I held up both bags for them to choose.

"The tote, it holds more stuff anyways." Arielle voices and I nod in agreement. I'll have space for a few snacks, sunscreen, books and all that stuff.

My phone started ringing and I walked over to my nightstand to unplug my phone.

It was a FaceTime call from Javier.

"Mi soon come mi ago use eh bathroom." I smiled, rushing to answer the phone.

"Who she a fool?" Arielle questioned.

"Must you, 'cause a cya mi." Rihanna responded.

I tuned out their voices closing the the bathroom door behind me.

"Hello?" I answered and Javier looked at the screen waiting for me to put myself in frame.

"Wah yah do?" I propped up my phone on the counter giving him a quick spin of what I was wearing. I wore a white two-piece with a little cover-up. "I'm going to the beach." I smiled, fixing the sunglasses that sat on the top of my head.