Questions

"Questions"

Javier

|25|

"Weh yuh did deh?" Kalíanna's voice echoed through the foyer the minute I opened the front door. Fuck. I haven't formulated a fitting narrative just yet, I thought I would have had more time.

Should I tell her, should I not? She's very unpredictable at times. Honestly, I'm not sure how she'd take the news.

This wasn't the ideal close I wanted for her birthday but things happen, this one was out of my control, because as much as I'd like to be aware of everything all the time—life just didn't work like that.

I'd make it up to her, anyway.

Me being out all morning didn't help the situation.

But I didn't have much of a choice.

After I was done handling Jaheem, I had another loose end to tie up. Juan had failed miserably at his only task, he didn't follow through and so as promised, I killed him.

I slipped my feet out of my slippers and walked further into the house. Looking to the top of the stairs I saw a puzzled looking Kalíanna waiting for me to answer her question.

She looked fresh out of the shower.

She had changed out my hoodie that I gave her this morning, instead she wore one of my white tees. Meaning that she must have been inside my room. Shit. I rushed out of the house this morning in such a hurry that I'd completely disregarded locking the door behind me, or cleaning up after myself for that matter.

Checking my phone I realized that it was now past noon, 2:28 p.m.

I pretend not to have heard her previous question.

I stop right infront of her.

"Slept well?" Her arms are folded beneath her breasts and she walks off, now ignoring my question. I watch her retreating figure, my eyes focused on the effortless movement of her ass.

She ave on draws?

"Mi a talk to yuh." She didn't even spare me a glance, she only nods slowly not giving much of a response. Instead she begins walking down the hall and I follow after her. She continues straight past the first couple of doors on this floor, going to the very end of the hall where my room was.

She stops suddenly, then she turns to me with a grin outstretched on her face. But it wasn't a genuine smile, it was more of an I'm upset but I'm pretending I'm not, kind of smile.

I wasn't falling for it and I didn't have the time for this.

"Open it." I urged, growing impatient.

Mi just want go bathe and go sleep, right now

"You do it—" I hissed, walking past her pushing the door open myself. Just as I'd anticipated my room was just like I had left it, different rounds of ammunition layed on the bed along with a few guns.

Very carless of me.

I start packing them into the drawers that I'd also left open.

I was so upset after seeing the message, so many things going through my head. What was his motive? Did he touch her?  But none of it mattered because I was certain of one thing: him did ago dead.

It was long overdue. He made it easier than I had initially thought, the text was easy to trace and by the time I was there he didn't even bother running—not that it would give him any more of a chance.