Chapter ten

I'm trying....
_________________________________

Pollie Ashford's POV

"Shit!" I opened the door to find Romeo stood there, arms crossed and unmoving. "What the hell Romeo, you scared the living shit outta me."

Knowing for a fact he wasn't lost, I went to put some distance between us, but having no strength compared to this wall of a man, my plan immediately backfired.

I was caught by either arm and steered back into the cubicle, back pushed against the wall as Romeo towered over me.

"What're you doing?" I asked in a whisper, knowing full well what he was doing.

Romeo didn't answer. Instead, he took it upon himself to openly run his eyes over my body, biting his inner lip when they stopped at my chest.

I took the time to stare back at him. Something about the way he looks whenever he's focused really does something to me, especially when his brows scrunch together and his whole expression frowns. I mean, even his god damn eyes frown.

But as his eyes eventually trail back upwards, I remember that I'm meant to be steering clear of him.

That's when a wash of pent up adrenaline hits and I suddenly find myself pushing him back. However Romeo turns it in his favour by grabbing my waist so that I strain forward and end up pushing my body against him and the wall.

I feel him move, pushing his bent knee up against the wall between my legs, resulting in me leaning further into him whilst affectively half straddling his thick thigh. Damn him.

Despite how I was feeling inside, I forced myself to remain calm.

"You're pissed at me. Why?" His voice came out as smooth as butter, but I wasn't gonna melt that easily.

"I'm not pissed at you." Wow, give this girl an Oscar.

"Bullshit."  He rolled his eyes but I noticed they were set on my lips.

I think it's high time I finally had some of my own fucking fun for once. It's always him that's in charge, never me.

"Fine. It was you who pissed me off." I admitted the truth before purposefully releasing a deep breath, one that raised my chest which gained his attention like I planned.

His jaw ticked before his hooded eyes looked back up to me. "Can I tell you something?" Romeos voice came out as a scratchy growl, not giving me any time to respond before he spoke again. "I don't like your outfit."

Out of everything to say, I was not expecting that.

"It's a good thing I don't care what you think then isn't it? I mean, I know the guys like my outfit, in fact.....earlier, Miguel said I looked hot." I innocently shrugged at him. "Do you not think so?"

I could see his chest breathing in and out rather rapidly whilst his signature frown resided on his chiselled face. "You're playing with fire Stella."

That was all the ammunition I needed for my next move. Slowly licking my lips, I made sure his gaze was on my mouth as I leant forward the way he had done days before. Only this time I was the one in control.