Chapter twenty-five

Pollie Ashford's POV

Today was Tuesday afternoon, the day that my family are flying in for thanksgiving. And I'm majorly freaking out.

They fly in, in two hours, leaving me enough time to shower and get dressed before we go pick them up. Yes. We.

Romeo went back to into the office with me yesterday, driving me back and forth even though I never asked. But as with all Romeo's small orders, I never once have had an issue with them. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

"Need help choosing an outfit?"

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear." I joked as Romeo laid waiting for me on my bed when I walked out from my bathroom.

"You were thinking of me whilst showering huh? Guess we do have things in common." I rolled my eyes at him, walking past in nothing but a towel and a firm grip.

"Is this dressy enough for your restaurant?" Oh yeah, we're also going out for dinner straight after we've taken them to the hotel to drop their bags off. I was casually looking for places the other day when Romeo interrupted me, insisting that we go to the best eatery in the city. He also just so happened to own it.

"Stella, anything you wear is enough. Though I wouldn't be opposed to you wearing what you are now...." I gave him a look. "But if you really care for my opinion, then yes. I think that colour brings out your eyes." I turned away smiling.

"Thank you." I spoke, walking over to him as he sat up straight away, thinking I was gonna give him more than what he wanted. But instead I copied what he always does and kissed him lightly on the forehead.

I was scared to admit it, but I was in deep for this man. I felt so conflicted with my heart and my brain, but I couldn't keep away from him if I tried.

It might've only been two months, but in those two months, he was always there, even when I didn't know I needed him. He always made me smile, even if I didn't want to. And he looked after me, even though I pride myself on my independence. But that's just the thing. Little by little, I've started to let him in.

And that was scary. Because I didn't know where I stood with him. He was my boss after all.

Romeo grabbed my hips seconds after I'd kissed him. He looked up at me and glared, though the subtle sweet blush on his cheeks was unmistakable. Cute.

"Why'd you do that? That's my thing." I smiled again, brushing my hand through his hair before cupping his face and placing a second kiss on his lips. It felt so intimate, as if this one action was me trying to translate all the things I couldn't say to him out loud.

I pulled away a second time, fighting back the cascade of emotions that just flooded in from the depths of my mind. "Stella, what's wrong?" Romeo tried pulling me back but I made it clear I didn't want that. "Ok, now I know something definitely is wrong. Tell me."

I grabbed my ochre coloured dress and walked towards the bathroom, but as naively predicted, he stopped me again. I was caged against the wall, Romeos arms either side of my head as I clutched at the join of my towel.

"Speak." He ordered. And though I had a chill from water droplets running down from my hair, there was nothing cold about this interaction.