Chapter nineteen

Pollie Ashford's POV

"Make me sweat, make me hotter! Make me lose my breath, make me water!"

This party was unreal. No literally it was unreal.

I think someone added a little something in the bowl of gummy bears on the counter and let's just say, I didn't think we had two moons in the sky the last time I checked.

The music was thumping and the atmosphere was otherworldly but sadly, my feet were killing me.

"Bitch you keep pouting at those heels, just take them off!" Lani yelled over the music.

"Oh yeah! Why didn't I think of that before?!" I yelled back excitedly before removing my shoes.

My comfort was relieved for a further hour, aided by another few gummy bears and an infectiously happy group of girls who had come to dance with us.

But as it hit around 2:30 am, I started to fill a lil yucky. "Lani-I don't feel too good."

"Don't you throw up on me now sis." I clutched my tummy as the stars continued to blind me. Why was the world spinning so fast?

Somewhere in the distance, I felt a tugging on my arm before being ushered through multiple doorways that reeked of alcohol and sweat.

"Where're you taking me?" I asked lazily, forgetting how to walk and falling face first over my feet.

"Poll, you gotta help me hun." Lani's voice spoke as she presumably was the one helping me back up.

"I sorry. Everything's just soo goopy lookin right now."

"What?" She asked again as I pouted through glossy eyes. "Oh no." She grabbed my face within her hands. "Pollie Ashford how many of those gummies did you eat?"

I blinked at her and chuckled. "I-I'm not sure. Their ittle bittle faces were staring at me, so I couldn't just leave them there." She stifled in a laugh but remained with a firm tone.

"Give me your phone, mines flat and we need to call an Uber."

I crossed my arms and hmphed. "Fun sponge."

"Who even says that any more weirdo?" I gave her my phone as she looked down at it in confusion. "Erm, Poll, why have you got a missed call from the boss?" She shows me the screen and I squint to read it but my efforts were no good, everything was still spinning.

"You tell me." I chuckled, tripping again and grabbing her for support.

"Shit! He's calling again? What do I do?!"

"I dunno Lani Banani? Answer it, tell him how much fun he's missing out on." I squished my boobs together as she laughed at me.

"Just keep quiet for a moment ok?"

I pulled a face at her whilst resting my head on her chest in an attempt to stop the world from orbiting at 50mph.

"Erm hi boss. It's Kehlani speaking, Pollie is currently um....Unable to talk right now."

"Look Lani, a goldfish!" I pointed over to a door before she shushed me and grabbed my hand to stop me walking off.