Chapter sixteen

Pollie Ashford's POV

I felt hot.

I chose the olive dress and boy was it a good decision for my self confidence.

The satin hugged me in all the right places and perfectly complimented my skin tone. I went with a dark red lip with a simple siren eye whilst heating some subtle curls in my long brown hair.

Spritzing myself in my favourite Dior perfume, I grabbed a pair of polished black stilettos and walked down the stairs to meet the guys.

Apparently Zero and Miguel are tagging along because they're important partners of Romeos businesses.

I could hear them talking amongst themselves but as soon as I turned the corner and came into view, the room fell silent.

"Oh my gosh, you guys all look so handsome!" I gushed as the three of them stood there in dapper black suit and ties.

They continued to stand like statues with open mouths so I took this rare opportunity to snap a candid of them. But of course that's what snapped them out of whatever was up with them.

"Poll doll. Respectfully of course, but you look freakin hot as fuck." Miguel steps forward as I blushed, however Romeo pulled him back before he could get any further into my proximity.

Fuck, he looks damned delicious...

"Hey, I just wanted to hug her!" Guel throws his arms in the air before letting them clap against his legs. I laughed as he looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Well you're not allowed. Now go get in the car, we leave in five." Romeo barked at his friends as Zero sent me a knowing roll of the eye.

"You look beautiful by the way Pollie. That dress looks killer on you." Zero complimented me before dragging an ogled eyed Miguel out the apartment.

Thanking them for their kind words, I perched on the edge of the couch to put my heels on. I can't lie and say I wasn't feeling a little apprehensive to attend this event. I mean, what if I screw it up for them? Who knows what my mouth is gonna come out with next?

"Allow me." Romeo got to one knee, breaking me out of my spiral as he took my shoes from me.

A wave of heat soared through me as he gently lifted my bare leg above the ground to slide my heel on. His movements were slick as I blushed, this side of the grumpy giant was foreign to my eyes but not unwelcome.

"You're nervous, but you needn't be stella." He kept his focus on the task at hand, shocking me as he quite literally could read my mind.

"Easier said than done I'm afraid." I smiled at him as I sat straight, looking down at the mighty man who was on his knees in front of me.

We stared at each other for a few moments before he breathily exhaled and got back to his feet, pulling my arms up to stand with him.

Romeo looked at me intently before turning away and not so discreetly adjusting himself. Was he- was he hard right now?

"You ok over there?" My stomach fluttered as he cleared his throat. Stood with his back to me, he spoke again.