Chapter eighteen

Pollie Ashford's POV

I woke up to a gentle mewing and an odd feeling lump atop of my chest. My tired eyes flickered open and were met with notte, Romeos feline friend. Still amuses me that he has a cat.

"Hey buddy, how're you today." Notte purred more profusely before hearing something that I didn't and shot back out the room.

Then I realised my door was ajar.

"Boo!"

Screaming, I threw a pillow at the intruder in the shape of Miguel.

"You absolute asshole! What the hell are you doing?!"

He looked like he visibly shit himself. "Pollie Dollie is not a morning perosn, noted."

"Sorry Guel, but mind explaining to me what part of scaring a female the moment she wakes up was a good idea?"

He pouted and shrugged before leaping onto the bed with me. "Guel!" I shrieked as my body flew up from the weight of him.

"Sorry again miss Pollie....Hug?" And as usual I had no time to answer as he wrapped me from the side, resting his head on my chest that was covered in last nights clothes, but also a blanket?

Taking comfort in one of Miguel's infamous bear hugs, I cuddled into him at the exact moment another person walked into my room.

"What is this? No knocking day?"

Romeo appeared, already dressed in his work attire, standing against the wall and taking in the sight in front of him. I dread to think of what my hair looks like right now.

"Miguel. You have five seconds." Romeo adjusted his cuff links as he stared intimidatingly at his friend.

"Hey, what's the time?" I asked, noticing that Miguel was also work ready.

"8:30 babe." Guel spoke, knowing full well of the reaction his was provoking Romeo with. But why the hell is it 8:30?! I've got work at nine!

"Out." Rome spoke with venom.

Miguel chuckled, wishing me luck and blowing kisses before leaving the room laughing.

I picked myself out of bed, sipping on my water bottle before registering that Romeo was still stood at the foot of my bed.

"Can I help you with something or can I get changed?"

"Go ahead and kill two birds with one stone." I rolled my eyes at his early morning antics.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I must've forgotten to set an alarm last night." I casually walked past him and went to fish some clothes out of the closet.

"Why don't you take day off? You were exhausted last night and basically worked an entire day." I looked at him with a blank expression.

"Thanks for the offer Rome, but my boss is a bit of an ass sometimes, so I don't know what he'd do if he found out his PA wasn't there."

I didn't hear his footsteps approach me before it was too late. "I like it when you shorten my name." His breath got closer. "Say it again." It wasn't a question, it was an order.

And I obeyed.

"Rome." I whispered with my head to the side.

Romeos hands found my waist as he pulled me flush against him. "Again." He instructed, lips closing in on the crook of my neck.

"Rome..." He began kissing the skin before I felt him suck it and that's when my legs almost gave way.

Ten seconds later and realised what I was gonna be greeted with once I looked in the mirror.