Chapter twenty-three

Pollie Ashford's POV

"Do I still need to fuck off or am I ok now?"

So I napped for two hours, hoping that it would ease my complicated mood swing and whilst I feel a little better, I'm still feeling like I'm on thin ice with my hormones.

"You're good." For now at least.

I took a seat on the couch opposite Romeo who was engrossed in something on his phone. The city skyline was dark outside and the lights twinkled in the distance. Still can't believe this is my life.

"Wanna get anything off your chest Stella?" I returned my gaze to Romeo, staring at him as water began to pool in my eyes. Jesus Christ, who invented periods?

I stood up, walked over to him and sat sideways on his lap. I felt him about to talk but I hushed him. "I'm sorry I've been a bitch. If it's any consolation, my periods about to start so that's why I'm like this. All I wanted was to do something nice, but now look at me, I'm a blubbering mess."

Romeo pulled me so that I was straddling him. "You're not a mess baby. And if you were, then you'd be a beautiful mess." He tucked my hair behind my ears. "Don't apologise for something you can't help, just let me know if there's anything I can get you, yeah?" I nodded in response. "What did you mean by wanting to do something nice stell?"

I blushed. Not gonna catch me telling him that in a hurry. "Doesn't matter now." And it didn't. Because the time had passed and I wasn't feeling ready to do that just yet. Besides, having never given anyone that before, I probably dodged a bullet in the shape of mortification.

"Anything you say matters Stell. But if you're not comfortable in telling me, that's fine too." I breathed a heavy sigh. What did I do right to have this man fall into my life?

"Is it ok if we watch a movie? Only if we were to continue talking I'm sure I'm either gonna cry or kiss you till I can't breathe." Romeo chuckled as he effortlessly scooped me up and laid us both down on the couch so that I was resting on top of him again.

He passed me the remote and let me pick something. I put the first thing I thought of on - beauty and the beast.

And because Romeo Lianni is a gentlemen, he never once complained.

~~~

Friday couldn't have come sooner.

My cycle started yesterday and my cramps have been wreaking havoc ever since.

"You sure you don't wanna tag along? Me and Jonah will both be there?" Lani asked for the fifth time today.

Turns out her and that Blake hit it off, so much so they're already going on a double date with Jonah and his new fling. Not fancying being a fifth wheel, I politely declined, craving nothing more than a tub of chocolate ice cream, a hot water bottle and a cozy blanket.

"I'm positive Lani. But have a good night, I'll be absolutely fine, you don't have to worry about me." I hugged her as she pouted.

"I know, it just sucks to think that you'll be sat there bleeding on your own." Gotta love Kehlani and her straightforwardness. But little does she know I won't be alone.