Chapter twenty-eight

Pollie Ashford's POV

"No fair, you cheated!" Miguel squealed at my brother after he just beat his ass at arm wrestling. I couldn't help but think he was putting it on though since Miguel, Zero and Romeo are seriously built of something other than regular muscle. Fucking attractive freaks of nature.

Today is thanksgiving and I couldn't feel happier. It's nice to have all the people I care about in one room, sure it was a little strange at first but since we had that movie night last night, everyone's warmed up to each other and are getting along like a house on fire.

Mom couldn't believe her eyes once I gave her the grand tour of the penthouse last night, I had to keep reminding her to close her mouth it was that much.

They also met Zero and Guel last night, that in itself was amusing to watch. They kept flirting with my momma when Reed wasn't looking and each time she would scold them with a blush on her pretty face.

Romeo made sure to stick by my side all night, hiding ourselves with a blanket whilst his hand would travel between my thighs just to remind me of his presence. As if I could forget.

But now, at the table the food is currently being served. Yes served. Romeo hired a private chef to cater us at the apartment and whilst I felt bad for not doing anything to help, I couldn't complain after all he has done for my family and I.

"Shall we say thanks?" Mom asked from the other end of the table.

"Of course, would you like to start off?" Romeo replied to mom as she smiled brightly back at him.

The table quietened as the candles added a gentle warmth to the atmosphere. Everyone was dressed in their best clothes as we all listened intently to the tradition of giving thanks.

"This year I'm thankful for good health of my family, may it please continue. I'm thankful for my children succeeding in life and for Romeo here taking my baby girl under his wing when she got herself into a spot of bother." Everyone laughed as I felt Romeo squeeze the cap of my knee.

Reed went before Micah did, both of them thanking their favourite football player for scoring high this year as Miguel vocally disagreed. Jokingly of course, he just wanted to tease Micah.

Zero went next, as Guel followed, soon passing it to Romeo. "I'm thankful for my family and the safety of these four walls. Im thankful for the comfort I'm lucky enough to experience, and lastly, I'm thankful for Terry my past employee, because without him I would never have met the best PA I've ever had." I swallowed hard on my wine as mom gave me a look of awe. A combination of wine and blush, I was sure my cheeks were a shade darker than rosy.

I smiled affectionately at the giant sat next to me, bowing my head to hide the shit eating grin that wanted to escape me, though it wasn't hidden good enough for Micah not to comment. "Oh I'd liked to add a thanks to my big sis for the confirmation that you are indeed fucking with your boss, outside of working hours may I add."

Miguel and Zero burst out laughing, fist bumping my brother as mom and reed simultaneously walloped him over the head. I shrunk into myself, biting on my lip to stop myself from having a meltdown. This kinda attention can get a little too much, despite the fact that my own brother just threw me under the bus. Asshole.

"Hey, you're ok." Romeo whispered to me as he interlocked our fingers, bringing them to his lips and kissing them whilst the commotion continued to spiral.