Chapter twenty-seven

Romeo Lianni POV

Last night was fucking incredible. Never have I ever got off to the sight of watching a woman pleasure herself before, but then again, I think my Stella could say the same about me.

I had a feeling she felt that way when she watched me rub myslef after kneeing me in the dick.

And the way she listened to my every order only set fuel to the fire that was already blazing with flames of desire.

When she was laid bare under the red glow for me to admire, I swear I almost told her I loved her there and then. Not because she trusted me with seeing her body, but because in that moment I had an epiphany that this girl was it for me. But I'm glad that I didn't tell her because I knew I'd only scare her her off. Besides, I still don't know in myself if that's I truly mean, but hell is it the way I've been feeling lately.

Before she walked into my office that day, I was a breaking man hanging onto the cusp of succumbing to apathy.

Life had been an uphill battle since I took on further responsibilities to stand alongside my father. Endless alliances were being formed, shipments were increased and dangers had spiked from the result of a rival wannabe group.

Things got so bad the other week, that I had to lay low at home until it was safer to step outside without risk of getting my head blown off.

But to top it all off, in just four months, I was on my way to becoming capo. And that stressed the shit outta me. Was it even what I wanted? No.

And now that Stella has her foot fully wedged in the door that is my life, I never want to let her go.

But I'm also painfully aware that every second that I'm with her is a second spent endangering her.

I'm torn between two worlds but how can I let her go when she is the crutch holding me up?

I know it's selfish but I just don't think I could ever say goodbye.

Pollie Ashford's POV

"Okey, well I'll see you in an hour then."

I climbed back into the rolls Royce Ronnie was ferrying me and my family around in virtually all day.

We'd spent the day doing typical touristy things as a family with the luxury of being driven anywhere and everywhere we wanted. Romeo insisted that Ronnie was to be our chauffeur since he had work and I wanted to spend some quality time with my family.

Romeo had given the whole office the rest of the week off for thanksgiving, so I also had the added bonus of no work today either.

But now I was headed back home for a little while before mom, Reed and Micah were coming over for a movie night. We just dropped them off so they could have a rest, the days worth of shopping and walking taking a toll on everyone's feet.

And now sat in the car, shrinking into the warmth of the seat, I couldn't help but smile to myself at how content I was feeling.

"What's got you grinning like that miss Pollie?" Ronnie asked as I looked at him from the passengers seat.

"You know what Ronsta?" He smiled at my pet name. "I've just had a really lovely day with my family, and I can't wait to get home to see-" I paused, completely over sharing as Ronnie chuckled with a glint in his eye.