Chapter twelve

Happy belated thanksgiving to those who celebrate it ❤️
_________________________________

Pollie Ashford's POV

I feel like I've got imposter syndrome right now.

Romeo surprised me when he appeared at my door a mere hour ago and since he just gave me a brief tour of his freakin penthouse suite, its safe to say my mind, soul and body is a little emotionally exhausted.

Whilst I adore the interior design and everything about his place, I can't help but feel a little uneasy about staying here. I know he's assured me that it's no problem, but I just don't want to overstep my mark or do something wrong.

The penthouse has a dark theme in every room and whilst I'd never seen anything like it, I'm not opposed to the sight of it.

The living room is huge and spacious with towering windows for the best view of the city I think I've seen so far.

The kitchen is something straight out of architectural digest and the bathroom? Don't get me started.

There's a glass staircase in the open plan downstairs area which leads to the bedrooms which seem to all have en suite bathrooms, whilst artworks of a similar resin theme line the walls.

I just can't get over it, I'm in awe of every inch of this place. This is what I want for myself one day. To be a ceo of my own business and to own a luxury apartment before the age of thirty.

I'm currently sat in the bedroom that Romeo assigned to me, staring out the window and contemplating life. The windows in here are just as big as the rest of the house and I can't lie, this might be my favourite spot so far.

Life is so confusing right now. I feel like everything's done a 180 in under twenty four hours and I'm having a hard time keeping up.

I just wanna call my mom and tell her everything but I know that if I do, she'll only worry and I'm not about to do that to her. Besides, I don't think I should tell her just yet that I'm currently crashing at my insanely attractive bosses house, worrying about what I'm gonna do with myself.

But that reminds me, we need my to establish some ground rules. He needs to set some boundaries with privacy and coexisting rules for me, whilst I? Well I'm gonna lay down the fact that if this is gonna work and remain professional, then there can be no...canoodling?

A little while of staring out to the city's night sky later, I got up and decided I should probably go socialise with bossman. However my plan was not to scream at the black fur-ball sat on my bed.

After digesting the fact that it was just a cat and not some feral monster, I apologised immediately for screaming the poor little guy who remained indifferent. "I'm so sorry little guy, that was so rude of me. Are you ok?"

My door suddenly burst open which made us both jump. "Fuck Stella, why'd you scream?!" Romeo whipped something behind his back before walking further into the large and overly spacious room.

"Sorry, I just didn't see your cat there." I clutched at my rapidly beating heart before giving the kitty a stroke. "Who is this little cutie anyway?"

I felt Romeo approach before sitting down on the edge of the queen sized bed. "His name is notte, Italian for night."

"Aww, that's so cute." I got on my knees to lean down to the kitties level. "You're so pretty." His eyes were an emerald green with brown speckles in them, he kinda reminded me of my childhood cat back home who passed before I finished college.