In-laws

I started working on Pat’s house soon after the party.

I loved her chair set that was why instead of getting new ones, I got a carpenter to change the fabric on them and add a few details.

We sold most of her other furniture including her bed and got new stuff. At the end of it, I had redone her living room space, her kitchen and master bedroom.

“Why don’t I do the other room for free?” I told her.

“Nop, that room has an owner and only the owner can say how they want it. I don’t even go in there,”

“Who’s the owner?”

“I’m not allowed to divulge such information,”

“I’ll be really upset if you don’t tell me,”

“I’m sorry but I can’t,”

“Is it someone I know?”

“Maybe,”

“That’s Sonia’s room? I thought you slept in the same room,”

“That is not her room and never will be. She has been here for sleepover before but never spent more than one night,”

“Why is that?”

“It never felt right. This house has an owner, it wouldn’t feel right to have someone else infringing in her space,”

“The way you hype up your wife, anyone would think she was an angel,”

“To me she is an angel. When people say ‘you are my oxygen, my heartbeat, my peace, my happy place’ most of the time they are bluffing but I didn’t know how much she meant to me until I lost her so when I tell her how much she means to me I mean it and I’ll always hype her up,” she said wrapping her arms around me. “I love you,”

“I love you too. You know the old me wouldn't have condoned this kind of arrangement. You can't eat your cake and have it,”

“I'm going to end it with Sonia, that's a promise,"

"I've become the ex I always complained about,"

"When I mention my exes, you've never been part of that list. I've never considered you as one," she gave me a light kiss, "How about we check how comfy that bed is?”

“I have to get going,”

“I know you do,” she reached under my t-shirt and unhooked my bra. She trailed the kisses down to my collarbone.

“Baby, I have to…” She didn’t let me finish. She kissed me on the lips and like always it wasn't just a kiss. We made love on the new bed just as she wanted.

“I love this new headrest,” she said spreading my legs and coming between them.

“Why?”

“Because I feel like royalty when I’m making love to my queen,”

“You are too much some-

It didn’t matter how many times we did it, every time I felt her on me, it was always pure ecstasy.

When I redid my house, I sold almost every piece of furniture and equipment I had. I topped up that money with what I had saved working on articles and what I got doing Pat’s house and bought new stuff that included my bedroom and the kids’ too.

A few weeks later, I got a visit from someone I didn’t expect.

“Susan, come in,” I said letting her in.

“How have you been?”

“I’ve been great, how about you?”

“We are also okay. It’s been a while since you visited so I decided to come check up on you and the kids, mom was also worried,”