𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕

Pandora 

"Let's get this over with." I affirm to myself when we stand in front of a pair of heavy metal doors.The guard keeping watch pushes one of them open when I signal him that I'm ready to be confronted with the frenzy going on inside, yet still taking a barely noticeable step back when every laughing person pauses once my presence is taken note of. Even the many men holding a glass of beer, let the glass rest on their lips when they recognise my misfired form through the reflection of the glass. I knew this would happen, so I pay no heed to the girl retreating to the corned of my mind in disappointment.

 Youthful sobs echoing in the distance when the doors behind her close, my vulnerability staying locked in with her. From behind a group of buff looking men, Adonis appears. A genuine smile contouring his face, and I excuse Eleanor when I step in.

"Pandora, you came!" The happiness in his voice seeming oddly mischievous.

"Of course I did!" It's not like you gave me a choice anyway. Ignoring a couple of glares thrown my way, I'm pleased that the majority of them overlook my presence.

"Where is Damian, I would like to have a word." I say looking around, but not spotting the platinum cropped cut anywhere.

"Oh, Damian? He's probably drowning his heart in alcohol somewhere or hooking up with a maid in the dorms upstairs." the casualty in his voice hinting that this is a regular occurrence.

"'Drown his heart,' how so?"

"Dunno, that's what the others always say. Heartbreak, apparently."

My mouth opening but making no attempts to agree, for I've never had the pleasure of experience the lovesickness phenomena.

"Anyways," he changes the subject in one fluent motion, "Let's get you a drink."

Ushering me to follow him to the bar where drinks are continuously being served, and glasses re-filled. He passes me a large glass of foaming beer, and from then on starts the endless drinking. One glass after the other, I silently enjoy the buzzing tipsiness making my cheeks glow golden. 

Adonis ran off some time ago, and I don't care to find out where. I don't know how much time passes, minutes, seconds - who cares, but a moist warmth spreads on my lower back when a calloused hand rests on it. A face I've never encountered before smiling down at me the same way they used to. Will tonight be one of those nights again? But, I really don't want to though. 

I turn my head, but whomever is in need of his weekly release doesn't give up and continues to near me. When he's chest touches my shoulder, my alarm bells go off in my head, overshadowing my drunk state. And just as my claws are about to grow in length and deadliness, I feel the lightest sense of comfort when someone pushes him away. The familiar woodsy scent radiating from her as she lets me lean into her, my face nuzzling her neck.

"Fuck off, Luke. She's off limits."

Words become letters, letters become syllables and syllables blends together until all I hear is the beating of her heart against the shell of my ear. Closing of all incoming noise until all I'm surrounded with is the reassuring thumping, the rest of the world being nothing more than a whisper in the background. Unfortunately, my peace doesn't last long, and a strong gush of wind makes me open my eyes to the coldness of the night. My feet dangle freely and I laugh at the funny picture we must portray. A drunk, dumb looking me dangling on the back of a probably pissed looking Ezra.

"Let go, I can walk." I pout against the back of her neck. Far too out of it to notice the warmth of her blush creeping up to ears and cheekbones.

"With all due respect, Pandora, you can barely stand on your feet." she answers, her grip on my legs too strong for me to fight against. Looking up, it comes to my attention how majestic the Palace looks from outside. The lights illuminating the place flying around like glowing worms in a meadow.