𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗

Pandora 

The Fallen Artifices of the Filles Célestes are the last keep sakes evidence of the existence of the celestial beings that fell thousands of years ago. It's said that to keep their Holy mana from overflowing after their deaths, the God Sol trapped it ,and hence also trapped their powers, in objects that symbolised each one of his daughters the best. He sent them to the Mortal Realm to make sure no one in the his Realm would abuse that acquired power. As an Original, our King was ordered to keep hidden the Ring of the God's third daughter, and last one to have lived on the sun, Aradhaya Lux - The Northern Star, punished by the Heavens for attempting to murder Goddess Chantara.

"But, what could they possibly want with a ring that has the efficiency of a piece of rusted metal?"

The majority of the Council agrees with that question, only they don't know the true power of each Artifice. There's no way they would remain this composed otherwise. My gloomy expression and serious eyes must have said enough to the head of the table, as he silences the room with a simple hand gesture to give me the word.

"Your Grace, is there something you're not telling us?" Is there? From their lack of fear, it must be so, yet I myself don't know the extend or details about their capabilities. I only remember the excitement I felt when reading about it. Slightly tilting my head, I take a moment to think before reciting what I've read a hundred times before.

"On the day where the Hyacinth bloomed their brightest, the horizon fell into darkness when Goddess Chantara blinded Sol of his daughters' cries for help. That day a comet fell upon the Mortal Realm, hiding beneath rock and dust the Ring of Northern Star and the Mother of Chaos Magic. As the third daughter of Sol, Star Aradhaya Lux promises to bless thee who shed the light on her darkness, and bring their enemy's world at their feet."

The room grows quiet, scepticism freezing to fear and confusion. Some look at me as if I grew a second head, others share glances at the King to see is he became as pale as they have. A few curse under their breath, realisation of what mess the situation could turn into setting in, finally.

"Do you think they can really do that, wake her magic up?" Adonis asks after a moment, his gaze flickering between the King and I in hesitation. He knows something I don't, I realise.

They all do.

All four of them.

And I'm the one who cracked the wall of their secrecy.

"That's the only logical course of action I can see happening from retrieving a jewel as old, if not older, than you, King." I explain, with the slightest accusing tone when I look back into these deep eyes. Up until now, he reminded me of the vast calmness of the deepest ocean. Now, grey clouds hood over his vision, and thunderstorms are reigning over his waters in the highest, most destructive waves.

"So, the humans really have nothing to do with it this time?" One of the Ministers jokingly remarks, nudging the one sitting at the right side of him.

"See, I told you you hold a personal grudge against them because of your ex." He laughs, each breathy noise making Damien more hesitant to speak up. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes either, if they were my supervisors.

"Actually..."He speaks in unwillingness. And after his third attempt to gently grab the attention of the table without angering them, I decide to help him by cutting the chase.

"The group that caught us, back at Hilas, had their weapons dipped in Silver Root." There it is, I look at him encouragingly, I gave him the silence he needed to speak up.