𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Once the light dimmed, the King's aides bursted through the warm-to- the-touch doors. Beholding the sight presented in front of them with utter grief. The tyrant they once feared. The man that knew to haunt their nights, he who has never showed an ounce of value for mortal life before, is kneeling on the bloodied floor, defeated.

Crying.

Seemingly unaware of the corpses surrounding him that turned to dust. Not caring for the pregnant woman laying unconscious a couple of feet away. Uncaring for all, except the the lifeless body of the abandoned Cat-Eye Princess he holds onto desperately. His nose buried in her hair as his hand continues to caress her messy locks tenderly. Humming his tune with absent eyes. Lulling her to a sleep she has already found.

Even when his commanders tried to gain his attention, and eventually gave up. Even when he's left alone in hope that he'll regain his senses, eventually.

He doesn't let go of her.

He'll never let go of her.

After an eternity of lonesomeness, he had finally found her.

His shadow. The unattainable he had attained. And as soon as he felt the warmth of her light stroking his fingertips, he lost her again.

For the rest of the evening, and the many evenings to come, the soft humming continues. Everyone at Dynastra Palace saw it. Everyone of House Tarak felt it. The Queen they never knew they had, has fallen.

None of them could possibly know, that in another place, at another time, a Goddess opened her eyes, awakening from her slumber.

Ready to ravage the Heaven's once more.

Until all would fall on their knees before her.