Chapter 24

Cody's POV

Her hands felt so good in my fur and I'm pretty sure Axel was enjoying it too since he was purring like a little pup.

Hey! This is our mate and I didn't purr I was just relaxing! I chuckle at his outburst and continue to admire my mate's touch.

"Why are you out here so late?", I perk up my ears and look at her confused based on her question. I should be asking the same thing. "Do you usually come out here at night?",She asks.

I grunt in response at her and she giggles and my eyes widen at her smile. Now that I'm close to her I can see the dimples in her cheeks and they're so cute.

"Your fur is soft like a cloud, I bet it would make a nice pillow", she states.

I feel her fingers glide across my head back and forth. It reminds me of the head rubs my mother would give me as a kid. I wonder if Nila would make a great mother. Or does she even want pups?

"Maybe you should slow it down mister she doesn't even know that you're mates", Axel mentions.

Oh yeah, I forgot but I like this moment with her...I feel something wet on my head and I see Nila's eyes glazed over looking up at the sky.

"I couldn't sleep tonight", she sniffles and wipes her face. "I haven't told Xayah but I've been having sleeping problems for the past few years and I-I-I don't know w-what to do", She sniffles again and and exhales. "I-I-I've always been the one to lighten the mood, but inside I'm breaking down. I t-try to feel good but ever since I lost my p-parents I c-", I cut her off by connecting our foreheads together to calm her down.

I don't want to see my mate in pain like this ever. I can feel her breaths calming down and she shuts her eyes close.

"I'm sorry Cody for venting", I hear her whisper. I growl at her response and nudge her forehead and she smiles I then lick her tears and purr.

"I have to get going it's pretty late", she says I stand on my paws all the way to walk with her.

"Woah!, y-your're huge!", I chuckle at her shocked face. Compared to her stature I'm 6ft in this form compared to her 5'4 frame.

We start our walk back to her and Xayah's and I may say my mate does know how to have interesting conversations

20 minutes later~

"And then Xayah got sick and I told her not to eat the potato salad cause it was days old!!"

We reached back at their place and I nudged her forward. "Thanks, Cody I enjoyed tonight with you and I hope I see you tomorrow", She smiled as I admired her cute face shining brightly. She then motions for me to bend down and then she does the unthinkable she kisses me on the snout.

I look at her with shock. "Byyyyeeee!!" she runs into the house and I'm standing there in awe.

*A cute scene for our other couple involved in the story :)*