Chapter 27

Xayah's POV

"Well I'm waiting", I look at Cody and Sebastian impatiently.  I see them look at each other seriously and the next second their eyes are turning pitch black with colored rings around the iris. Sebastian's is the same colored blue I saw in the forest our first night here and Cody's is green. 

"Woah", I take a step back and I see Sebastian or whoever frowns at my movement. "So uh what are...your n-names?",  I asked while the awkward silence settled in.

"My name is Blake and this one right here is Axel Cody's wolf", I see Cody/Axel wave while smiling.

"I think Cody...I mean Axel should go have...yeah uh a talk with Nila", I see him nod and head up the stairs immediately as soon as I gave him permission. I look at Blake and awkwardly shift in my spot. 

"Xayah", I feel a shiver go up my spine as I hear his voice say my name, and I see his eyes glow at my movement and he comes closer. "Sebastian said you wanted to talk", he grabbed my hand and a shock went up my arm and I jumped back.

"What...what was that!?", I asked shocked.

"That's our mate bond it's what makes us connected", he grabs my hand again and oddly enough I let him and he holds it against his chest while looking down at me. I sometimes forget that this man towers over me. I relax under his touch and feel his heartbeat and it's the most relaxing thing I've felt and heard. The pace and rhythm would make me succumb to a deep sleep immediately. He bends down to my height and looks me in my eyes and I suck in my breath.

He brings his hand to my face and cups it gently and I instantly relax into his touch and I close my eyes relaxing in the warmth of his palm. He brings his hand lower and runs his thumb across my lips. "So soft", I hear him mumble. If I was brighter I think a blush would've crept up on my face and my ears are hot so I know they're red but luckily they're covered. 

Realization hits me and I step away slightly, and I don't think Blake liked that since I could feel the growl rumble from his chest. "Sorry but right now I would like to talk to you Blake about what's going on", I say while staring at him.

"Why would you imprint on us or say anything about all of this? What's going to happen to Nila and I?", I asked concerned while breathing heavily. 

"We didn't know how to approach you guys, additionally you guys being human added more difficulty to it. It's rare to have a human mate but we didn't care if you guys were."

"What are you expecting out of us with all these mates, wolves, and all this magic nonsense", I ask.

"Well, we expected you guys wanting to come back with us and accept us and in the future have our pups an-", I stop him immediately by putting my hands up.

"You expect us to have kids? This wasn't our plan! Me and Nila just wanted a simple life", I state

"Are you...rejecting us then", I see Blake frown and I feel a sharp pain in my chest.

"I would never do something so harmful to you...well both of you but we do need to figure something out", I walk up close to him and he looks down at me. I put my hand on his chest and felt his heartbeat and I smile to myself. I then look back at him, stand on my tippy toes, and grab his face gently. "Can I have Sebastian back please", I giggle and let go of his face 

"What you don't want me?", He says smugly while smirking .

"No", I said confidently.

"That's not what your body said earlier", He then gives back Sebastian control.

"Hey!-" I stop mid-sentence and relax and smile. 

"Welcome back", I say while smiling and walking towards Sebastian, and as soon as I'm inches away from him when walking away he grabs my arms and picks me up. He then wraps my legs around his waist and crashes his lips onto mine.